Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5150 works fine, but a few of the pots are scratchy/dodgy. I figure while I'm in there the amp is old enough that I may as well do all of them. I can crack it open and look but it's not exactly the quickest process. So before I break it open and eyeball them, would anyone happen to have a list of which pots are in there?

That way I can just order them all up and get everything in hand before I open it up. :yesway:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
My 5150 works fine, but a few of the pots are scratchy/dodgy. I figure while I'm in there the amp is old enough that I may as well do all of them. I can crack it open and look but it's not exactly the quickest process. So before I break it open and eyeball them, would anyone happen to have a list of which pots are in there?

That way I can just order them all up and get everything in hand before I open it up.
From what I remember the schematic plastered all over the Internet is pretty accurate.

The pots are pcb mounted so can be a bit of a bugger to get out.

First thing I would do is hit them with servisol or some other contact cleaner & reflow the solder joints.

Sorts things out 9/10 times.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
From what I remember the schematic plastered all over the Internet is pretty accurate.

The pots are pcb mounted so can be a bit of a bugger to get out.

First thing I would do is hit them with servisol or some other contact cleaner & reflow the solder joints.

Sorts things out 9/10 times.
This... ^^^^^ and if you do end up taking them off a Solderpult is a tool that helps. Touch the lead until you see the barrel flow then solderpult that sucker clean.

https://www.all-spec.com/Product/DS...9QlrAn43_dewR9qhUsCa08Dgid6jfMPMaArnxEALw_wcB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts