Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Manring is a certifiable insane genius. Love the guitar playing too though.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, saw that. I much prefer him in the more intimate settings. :(

Looks like Andy isn't touring with any more either.....double :(
I think Don Ross was also at Saunders Secondary School here recently, but I didn't find out until after the show :(

Back when I was at Fanshawe he did a Q&A/Performance for our class, and it was amazing. Super cool guy, and amazing to see him completely acoustic, no amplification at all, in a small lecture hall. "Any Colour But Blue" was amazing when it's just him standing in a room with his guitar.

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
despite the huge talent of Manring, he's never done it for me. I always feel he comes across as a showoff. calling him a genious is a bit overrated imo.
Don Ross and Andy McKee on the other hand. Wow!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
despite the huge talent of Manring, he's never done it for me. I always feel he comes across as a showoff. calling him a genious is a bit overrated imo.
Don Ross and Andy McKee on the other hand. Wow!
The video of him playing a melody while constantly retuning and using Hipshot drop tuning keys was what did it for me. Not my thing musically, but being able to think that way and make it work is just mind boggling.

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
Hmmm, while that makes me have a severe case of gas for that bass, it's still just manring pointing his finger to Don Ross saying "hey, I can do crazy shit too" :lol:
Musically it does nothing for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.