Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this:

Amazon.com: Sony BDP-S570 3D Blu-ray Disc Player: Electronics

Up for my parents, since they're retired and watch tons of movies. They really didn't care about the Blu-Ray side of it, but I wanted them to have Netflix streaming.

It sucks - the Netflix interface blows ass. There is no browsing at all - everything you stream on it has to be added to the queue manually online. :noway:

I'm going to keep it for myself since it has DLNA and other goodies (and I don't have a standalone BR player) but I'm getting them a Roku instead, which has full on Netflix support.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Roku player is a pretty outstanding deal. $99 for 1080p streaming and Netflix is great. They're also selling quite well apparently, sold as many as Apple TV, though they've been on sale a little bit longer.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I've got it's little brother, the S370. No Netflix, but it streams Youtube/iPlayer. Big PITA to search with the numberpad letters (like a mobile phone), but good otherwise. Damn good blu-ray player though.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
yeah i think right now having the netflix integrated is more of a fad than anything. it hasn't quite been paid enough attention to for it to work well. i've got an LG bluray player with netflix on it and its just not worth doing, especially since its a wired connection :nono:

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
I picked this:

Amazon.com: Sony BDP-S570 3D Blu-ray Disc Player: Electronics

Up for my parents, since they're retired and watch tons of movies. They really didn't care about the Blu-Ray side of it, but I wanted them to have Netflix streaming.

It sucks - the Netflix interface blows ass. There is no browsing at all - everything you stream on it has to be added to the queue manually online. :noway:

I'm going to keep it for myself since it has DLNA and other goodies (and I don't have a standalone BR player) but I'm getting them a Roku instead, which has full on Netflix support.
The PS3's Netflix worked the same way in the beginning, with an annoying disc that you had to have. :lol:

·
Oxygen to CO2 converter
1,957 Posts
Mac mini w/ Plex?

:metal:

I have a different version of the Sony Blu-Ray player and the netflix streaming is the same way. You have to add to the queue first. I assumed all the netflix streaming apps are that way. My Xbox was the same way too.

I turned off my Netflix a year or so ago so I havent played around with any Netflix apps lately.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts