Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I was unaware that this thread was just like "doom" as in depressing and bleak, but Vallenfyre definitely isn't anything close to Doom, they are straight up Entombed worship, and really good Entombed worship at that.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
I was unaware that this thread was just like "doom" as in depressing and bleak, but Vallenfyre definitely isn't anything close to Doom, they are straight up Entombed worship, and really good Entombed worship at that.
* Gregor Mackintosh (PARADISE LOST) - Vocals and Lead Guitar
* Hamish Glencross (MY DYING BRIDE) - Rhythm and Lead Guitars
* Mully - Rhythm Guitars
* Scoot (DOOM, EXTINCTION OF MANKIND) - Bass
* Adrian Erlandsson (AT THE GATES, PARADISE LOST) - Drums

Yep. A band with guys from paradise lost, my dying bride, and doom are totally un-doomy.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Well it's the dudes from Paradise Lost and My Dying Bride, of course it does.

That being said, the main camps of Doom are, IMO; Candlemass/SA Doom, "Classic" Stoner Doom (Electric Wizard/Cathedral), and newfangled Stoner Doom/Sludge (Rwake, High on Fire, etc.)

Death/Doom hybrid definitely isn't a new thing, but in my mind it's not "Doom Metal".

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
* Gregor Mackintosh (PARADISE LOST) - Vocals and Lead Guitar
* Hamish Glencross (MY DYING BRIDE) - Rhythm and Lead Guitars
* Mully - Rhythm Guitars
* Scoot (DOOM, EXTINCTION OF MANKIND) - Bass
* Adrian Erlandsson (AT THE GATES, PARADISE LOST) - Drums

Yep. A band with guys from paradise lost, my dying bride, and doom are totally un-doomy.
Sniped

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well it's the dudes from Paradise Lost and My Dying Bride, of course it does.

That being said, the main camps of Doom are, IMO; Candlemass/SA Doom, "Classic" Stoner Doom (Electric Wizard/Cathedral), and newfangled Stoner Doom/Sludge (Rwake, High on Fire, etc.)

Death/Doom hybrid definitely isn't a new thing, but in my mind it's not "Doom Metal".
Congrats. :yesway:

Now post some awesome music about the end of the world and things dying. :metal:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.