·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Reactions: eelblack2

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
After witnessing this combo live and having Doug increase my Marshall and Goldtop GAS, I can say this is 100% true

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
That ugly old British lady sings their songs pretty well. David would be proud. :rofl:

Seriously though, Beach and Aldrich are an awesome combo.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
To be honest, i didn't care for either of their tones... too upper-midrangey and biting.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be honest, i didn't care for either of their tones... too upper-midrangey and biting.
It sounds like a board recording, so I wonder how much of that is a tone that sounds awesome in the venue, crappy straight from the source.

·
Banned
2,695 Posts
It sounds like a board recording, so I wonder how much of that is a tone that sounds awesome in the venue, crappy straight from the source.
It's the shitty recording. In person, Doug's tone is fucking crushing. He has a bass shift pedal (along with the ******* mods) that drops in Mesa Boogers-sized bottom end onto the Marshall, while maintaining that Marshall snarl. To hear it studio, check out Best Years on Good to be Bad, or Ready to Rock off of Live in the Shadow of the Blues.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's the shitty recording. In person, Doug's tone is fucking crushing. He has a bass shift pedal (along with the ******* mods) that drops in Mesa Boogers-sized bottom end onto the Marshall, while maintaining that Marshall snarl. To hear it studio, check out Best Years on Good to be Bad, or Ready to Rock off of Live in the Shadow of the Blues.
Did he have that same setup on Dio's "Killing the Dragon"? The tone on that album just slays.

·
Banned
2,695 Posts
Did he have that same setup on Dio's "Killing the Dragon"? The tone on that album just slays.
Yep, he has used that same beaten to shit bass shift pedal for about 18 years or so. On the Dio record he had his own rig, but on the live DVD's, unfortunately that was a rented rig.

That Boost/OD/Bass Shift pedal (All seperate, independent functions) was made into a signature/boutique pedal:

That plus an older Marshall is pretty much Doug's tone.

When I got this, I gave all my Keely modded stuff away, there just wasnt a point anymore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts