Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Infinite/Incomplete
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Double NGD: Jackson Custom Shop w/ brazilian rosewood top & ebony neck + Death Kelly

These are not mine actually, but a friend of mine's a die hard Jackson Custom Shop collector, and these were too good to not be posted.

Let's start with one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen, touched and played. Talk about mojo in spades on this one:

-brazilian rosewood top
-brazilian rosewood fingerboard
-ebony neck thru (gets progressively thinner across the body)
-mahogany body
-koa Jackson logo :eek:
-gold hardware with tune-o-matic, volume, 3way switch and Gotoh tuners

The level of detail and craftmanship is seriously among the bests I've seen in my life, the wood species are superb and the sound is so punchy and bright with tons of attack, almost bolt on-ish. I'd die to have a guitar like this, it's perfection imho.

After all this awesomeness, there's one more, a very Metal looking (but still very classy) Custom Shop Death Kelly. Specs are typical by Jackson:

-alder body
-maple neck thru
-ebony fb
-Seymour Duncan Blackouts 18v
-OFR

Hope you enjoyed these beauties ;)

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Couldn't give a shit about the Death kelly, but that first guitar...holy fucking shit. I dread to imagine what it costs to make an ebony neckthrough Jackson Custom Shop, let alone the cost of the ebony...

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Holy fucking mother of god... :holy:

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
let alone the cost of the ebony...
Gilmer had a ebony neck-through blank a few months ago for ~$300, it was too small for a KxK or it would be acclimating to Rob's shop now :lol:

Still a damn impressive guitar.

·
Infinite/Incomplete
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Couldn't give a shit about the Death kelly, but that first guitar...holy fucking shit. I dread to imagine what it costs to make an ebony neckthrough Jackson Custom Shop, let alone the cost of the ebony...
I'll have to ask my friend about the price, but: ebony neck + VERY pricey (and now illegal) brazilian rosewood top and fingerboard, both at their absolute best aestethically...it's definitely be more expensive than my car haha :D

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
I'll have to ask my friend about the price, but: ebony neck + VERY pricey (and now illegal) brazilian rosewood top and fingerboard, both at their absolute best aestethically...it's definitely be more expensive than my car haha :D
The brazy top would be very expensive. Cook woods has this billet for a modest $1950 -

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
That ebony/rosewood one is absolutely insane-looking. The neck looks like it's cut from marble. :eek:

Sweet flying fuck, that's just a ridiculously nice guitar. Museum-quality.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Ditto. Don't give a shit about the Kelly, but the Soloist is to die for. Damn. To those jumping on my ass about criticizing the 8-string in the other thread (ChodeLeader): this is what I would expect to see out of the Jackson custom shop that's impressive and worth a shit-ton of money. :yesway:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Goddamn. Also, does the truss rod cover on the first say Santana?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts