Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Coooooooool. I've been playing the hell out of DA:O, so hopefully this is equally fun. I know some of you guys weren't too big on DA:O, but I don't think anyone can deny that it's a cool trailer, at least.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

Ive been playing origins and it was pretty dissapointing, I expected it to be as engrossing as ME2 but it wasn't, at least origins was fucking long.

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts
That trailer was pretty cool. I picked up DA:O a while ago as it'd come down in price, played through the first couple of hours but it didn't really grab me as much as the ME series did. I might go back to it as the story was starting to get a bit more interesting, I think I mostly just found the combat pretty boring though :(

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I will play the shit out of this. :yesway:

ME is an unfair comparison, and I think one of the big reason is that your character doesn't talk in DA. There is SO much dialog in DA, that the game would have been like 3 discs just for all of the voice acting. It was disappointing at first (since I played DA right after ME2) but once you get past it, the plot and the rest of DA was pretty damn good.

Hopefully this is harder than the last one. Once you had your team squared away in DA:O, you could pretty much just plow through everything. I went Warrior/Rogue/Mage/Healer most of the time, but for shits I'd go War/Rog/Rog/Mage, and it was hilariously epic fun to just shit all over everything. :lol:

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts
ME is an unfair comparison, and I think one of the big reason is that your character doesn't talk in DA. There is SO much dialog in DA, that the game would have been like 3 discs just for all of the voice acting. It was disappointing at first (since I played DA right after ME2) but once you get past it, the plot and the rest of DA was pretty damn good.
Yeah I remember being pretty bored through most of the origin quest at the beginning (I think my guy was a Human warrior?), and found myself missing the extra voice acting for your character before I started getting used to it. This is just making me want to try and get back into it now :lol:. I remember enjoying the dialogue that started happening between Morrigan and Alaistar as the story went on, and the war hound was badass! :yesway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Yeah I remember being pretty bored through most of the origin quest at the beginning (I think my guy was a Human warrior?), and found myself missing the extra voice acting for your character before I started getting used to it. This is just making me want to try and get back into it now :lol:. I remember enjoying the dialogue that started happening between Morrigan and Alaistar as the story went on, and the war hound was badass! :yesway:
The DLC's are all pretty good too, albeit kind of short. The Return to Ostergar (sp?) one was especially good - you go back to the scene of the original battle where the young king dies, and see him strung up on a cross. They did a really nice job with it.

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The second one has fully voiced dialogue, Chris. Whether that will necessitate a shorter game has yet to be seen, but I kind of grew attached to the imaginary voice I concocted up for my Cousland rogue. I've finished all the campaign missions and sidequests, but I've been holding off on finishing it while I played through the campaign DLC - Return to Ostagar was pretty neat with Alastair and Wynne in the party, and apparently is also pretty cool with the "Secret Companion," though I didn't choose to... Enlist his aid.

The wife's playing through it now as a Dalish rogue. She went with the default character name of Leyna, but I insist that her real name is SneakBlayde. So much more epic to think of someone screaming that among their last words. "Damn you, SneakBlaaaaaaaaaaayde! *gurgle gurgle*"

Incidentally, ya'll should probably watch this review of DA:O. Seriously.

The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Dragon Age: Origins

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.