1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I wish my PC could run the first one so I could play it :(

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
You have a 360 don't you? I can mail you my copy if you want to rip through it. :yesway:
Does it play well on 360? I didn't even realize it was out on anything other than PC!

I'm used to running that kind of RPG on PC (longtime player of Neverwinter Nights and Baldur's Gate on PC) but I'd be up for it as I've really wanted to run through it.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, it was great on 360. :yesway: The combat system isn't all that button-intensive anyway, and once you have your actions setup it's pretty straightforward.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Cool! That's good to hear. Console gaming is so much more hassle-free than PC gaming these days, and cheaper too.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you want to borrow it, PM-ulate me your addy and I'll transendificate it to you. :yesway:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
I've clocked 26 hours on the first one just doing side quests and some main quests and it's not really that great. I don't really feel like playing it that much unlike most RPG's I pickup (Fallout, Oblivion, Mass Effect, KoToR, etc). They should have made the quests more interesting IMO.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
I was playing through this (and Forza) when my xbox died :( I'll have to get a wriggle on when I eventually get a new xbox.

I was really enjoying it. Some of the conversations in it were pretty funny and some of the special moves were awesome. Especially for Shale.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
:bump:

The demo for DA 2 is available today. I just finished running through it.

I don't like to read up on anything related to a sequel of a game I've played. If I do, I end up ruining it for myself with spoilers, so I went into DA 2 not knowing anything about it. That being said...

I thought it would play out similar to Mass Effect. That I'd import not only my decisions in the first, but also my character. Or at least the protagonist would be the same from the first game. Especially with how the Witch Hunt DLC ended in the first game.

I'm pretty disappointed that I won't be playing as my original character (Since I burned through the ending of the first, and the Witch Hunter DLC a dozen times to get a bunch of different endings)

The graphics and battle animations are 10x better than the original though. Makes me excited for ME 3.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hrm, that is kinda disappointing. Is it the same storylne? Are you a Grey Warden?

Trying to avoid it until it's released, because it's Bioware. I want to take a day or to and get my full Nerd on, then slay dragons like an all star.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Once I realized that the protagonist wasn't the same as from DA 1, I looked into it a bit, and (At least at the beginning, and as must as the demo covers) you're not a Grey Warden. Apparently the decisions that were made in DA 1 carry over, like who you choose as king, the shit with the Dwarves, etc.

·
Habitual Line Stepper
490 Posts
I have played through the first one twice and loved every minute of it. I have high hopes for this one.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Vince, your avatar is amazing, I love the Mako Mountain Climbing Team :lol:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts