Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
This looks awesome, but I don't think my computer can run it and I don't have an Xbox One/PS4 yet.

Is there a 360 port? Otherwise I may have to content myself with those Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale Enhanced Editions that have been coming out lately. :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
A buddy of mine who's absolutely NOT a gamer posted something about this on Facebook last night. That led me down a rabbit hole of reading a few reviews - I guess it's a lot of fun, but you sort of want to do a crash course on the events of 1 and 2 or nothing makes sense. :lol:

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am about 20 hours in and the game is a ton of fun. It is a mix of Skyrim, DA-2 and a little of AC-Brotherhood with the missions you can send agents on. The story is a bit slow at first with the usual fetch quests but the first act concludes with a serious bang. :yesway:

The game world is HUGE. I am not sure if it is as big as Skyrim, but each territory that I unlock is pretty damned big. Leveling up your squad is a must in this game since certain areas are impossible to clear at lower levels. So far, it is NOT "The Best game ever", but a solid improvement over the second one as far and should be as good as the first one. :agreed:

The horse is laughable though. I played Red Dead Redemption for probably 1000 hours counting multiplayer and going from those horses to this one was like trading in a Ferrari for a steamroller. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finished this last night and it is a solid 9.5/10. :yesway::yesway:

The main story line is a notch below Dragon Age Origins, but the amount of things to do in this game is staggering. It took me a little over 80 hours to see and do it all, and there is a great world in place for future DLC. Beautiful game worlds, solid companions, and a ton of exploration/reward quests. I was not a huge fan of my character at first ( Male Warrior) but by the end it felt like I was playing Commander Shepard again.

Bioware is definitely back with this title and I can't wait to see what they have in store for the next Mass Effect.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
I might give it a shot after my wife is finished up with it.

Came home from work a few days ago to find the couch moved to within 2 or 3 feet of the TV. Reason? Controller was dead, charging cable was short, and she had to get her game on.

That's dedication.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dedication indeed. :rofl:

If she hasn't already, tell her to collect all the shards. They are used to open a tomb in the Forbidden Oasis and the stat boosts in there are well worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
Ok, I loved Dragon Age. I played Origin for like a day, and DA2 for about 6 hours, I didn't like either of them, what annoyed me about DA was just amplified in the following two games. For one, the non open worldness of the game. I think that inquisition is almost open world. But anyway.

I'm like the pickiest guy ever, the cork sniffer of video games.

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
ok well nothing but complains from me on this game, as a AAA release, PC support is shit. it's been out a month, and they haven't patched any graphics issues yet for NVIDIA cards. texture flickering all over the place, and anywhere there is suppose to be fog, its nearly solid white and you can't even see through it.

failboat .

otherwise this game could be great, it's 99% playable for me so far. but anytime i go somewhere with fog its like playing blindfolded trying to get through the area. Game seems huge, landscape wise.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I'm sure this game is great on current gen consoles, but IMO it sucks ass on the 360. Mostly because you can't install the actual gameplay disc to the hard drive, so the DVD drive just howls away like crazy the entire time you play it. That + long load times + the first couple hours I spent just roaming the hinterlands listening to the drive spin = no thanks.

My 360 is ancient, and I don't like this game enough to beat the shit out of it for hours in order to play it. I may pick it up again when I get a PS4.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I traded in Evil Within (which I didn't finish because it fucking sucks) for this yesterday. My friend is saying the multiplayer is pretty sweet. I just have to bring myself to not play Destiny with all my PS4 time and get into it :lol:

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
I'm sure this game is great on current gen consoles, but IMO it sucks ass on the 360. Mostly because you can't install the actual gameplay disc to the hard drive, so the DVD drive just howls away like crazy the entire time you play it. That + long load times + the first couple hours I spent just roaming the hinterlands listening to the drive spin = no thanks.

My 360 is ancient, and I don't like this game enough to beat the shit out of it for hours in order to play it. I may pick it up again when I get a PS4.
Yeah I heard the 360/PS3 ports were ass, so I didn't bother. Same with Shadow of Mordor. Kind of a bummer.

Luckily I got the new Xbox for Christmas so I've already picked up both games. :flex:

Anyways hows the multiplayer in this? It sounds like it's pretty similar in concept to Mass Effect 3's multi, which I actually enjoyed quite a bit. I'm a sucker for co op horde/survival modes, and this is the first game I can think of in a while that has one and isn't an FPS so I'm looking forward to trying it once I finish Shadow of Mordor.

·

745 Posts
I'm playing this on PC now and it's awesome. Definitely got a better vibe than DA2, hook me up just like DA:O did. I've played it for 12.5 hours so far and I've done one or maybe two quests from the main storyline and kept doing sidequests/exploring all the time. Based on the PC graphics, I can say that the older consoles will not be able to show the game's beauty and attention to detail, so current-gen consoles and PCs are the way to go here.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Let me start by saying I was a fan of both DAO and DA2. I like elements of both and seemingly DAI combines the best of both.

I'm alternating between three different characters at this point. Around 100 hrs on one about 85 hrs on another and around 6-7 hrs on the third. I'm not much of a multi-player/ online gamer but have heard good things about this feature.

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
Aight, I finished Shadow of Mordor so I'v been putting some hours into this. I was a little lost at first since, once you get to the Hinterlands there are a million quests to do and lots to learn about the different classes and abilities, but I think I've got the hang of it now.

What kind of party make ups are y'all running? I've been playing with two mages (me + either Solas or Vivienne), a rogue and a warrior. I like Iron Bull but so far it seems like Cassandra and Blackwall are much sturdier tanks. Sera w/ dual daggers + some of the poison and stealth abilities fucks shit up, much more so than Varrick it seems. Having two mages for CC/AOE and two separate barrier cooldowns is awesome.

Also, hot damn the combo system in this is a lot more complex than in Mass Effect.

https://www.reddit.com/r/2ni6wd/psa_quick_primer_on_combos/
I definitely need to play around with the AI settings and put some of the combo abilities on manual so I can coordinate them. Setting up Singularity + Warp or shock ammo + Overload combos in Mass Effect was fun as hell so I'm really looking forward to messing around with this.

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
I run dual mage dual tank. Never die. Cass and Blackhand with their special tree /tank spec, me a mage, and dorian necro/ revive spec. with all the shields and revives going around no one ever really dies.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I went with a two handed warrrior and normally take Solas, Varric and Bull for general exploration. After Skyhold I went with the Champion specialization and am pretty much unkillable as long as I keep building guard.

Bull is not as durable as Cassandra or Blackwall( IMHO the best tank) but his party banter is awesome. For dragon hunting I always took Bull, Dorian and Vivienne due to her Knight Enchanter specs. I just finished my second playthrough after accidentally deleting my save and rate this right up there with Skyrim. :yesway:

There is an awesome greatsword that is obtained by a quest that triggers in Emprise Du Lion. It is very easy to miss since it requires you finding a note in one of the far corners of the zone. :metal:

Rumors of the Sulevin Blade - Dragon Age Wiki

1 - 19 of 19 Posts