Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not a huge fan of the band, but this singer has a really cool voice.

I think if they slowed down a bit it would give him more room to do some cool melodies.

What do you guys think?

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Is that new or old material? I can't tell :lol:

I need to sit down after that lol, yeah I think I would too.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Great voice, I dig this guy a bit better than the old singer. I agree they need to slowdown on the speed.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Shit band...I'm just glad people have stopped asking me, "L4wL bUt CaNnn Uyou PlaY Thru tH3Ee fIrE aNddD flaMeS".

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Shit band...I'm just glad people have stopped asking me, "L4wL bUt CaNnn Uyou PlaY Thru tH3Ee fIrE aNddD flaMeS".
:squint: can you? :lol:

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Good to see their lyrics haven't improved any :lol: If this is a new song, I can't believe they threw in another "so far away" and even another "away" :lol:
I'd imagine that would be an audition clip so probably something they've done in the past but then again who really keeps track of the lyrics from every song or hell even know every song they did? All I know by them is through the fire and flames.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts

:squint: can you? :lol:
On expert mode? :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I'd rather listen to Francesco Fareri shredding for 3 hours than sit through one of these guys' songs.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
At least he doesn't sound like a chipmunk, no all they need to do is replace Herman and Sam with John Petrucci and Kiko Louriero, that bass guy with Billy Sheehan, the drummer with Neil Peart and the keyboard rave guy with Kevin Moore. Than possibly if they burn their entire back catalogue and ex members they may finally be a real band.

That said I really liked the VotD demo when it came out. All there albums are shit though

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
At least he doesn't sound like a chipmunk, no all they need to do is replace Herman and Sam with John Petrucci and Kiko Louriero, that bass guy with Billy Sheehan, the drummer with Neil Peart and the keyboard rave guy with Kevin Moore. Than possibly if they burn their entire back catalogue and ex members they may finally be a real band.
Actually, Adrian Lambert, the guy they had for the first few albums, was probably the only good part of that band. I'm kind of glad he's not in the band anymore, cuz I think he's working on some proggy projects, and that is a way better use of his talents.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Actually, Adrian Lambert, the guy they had for the first few albums, was probably the only good part of that band. I'm kind of glad he's not in the band anymore, cuz I think he's working on some proggy projects, and that is a way better use of his talents.
Adrain is a really cool guy, I used to hang around the DF forums and have him on msn messenger. Think he only did the 2nd album and than left cause they pretty much removed all bass from the mix and deleted his solo's. Fantastic musician. Haven't heard as much Son of Science as I'd like but what I did sounded awesome.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Every time I hear Dragon Force, all I can think of is Sonic The Hedgehog running a 1000 miles an hour. Fuckin' Nintendo metal.

I feel the same way.

I'd rather listen to Francesco Fareri shredding for 3 hours than sit through one of these guys' songs.
Not to mention the guy can play extremely cleanly in comparison to Herman Ri

1 - 20 of 20 Posts