Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I think too much
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trouble with being a musician is that people love to talk about music and share goofy shit with you.

Take Monday, for example. My coworker says he's got a CD of Led Zeppelin songs played reggae style with an Elvis impersonator on vocals. He then brings it in for me to listen

Now, I'm not a Zeppelin fan. Which is to say, I don't love them or hate them. I hum along with the songs when I hear them, and appreciate fully what they did for rock & roll and the evolution of music. However, I don't own any Zeppelin CDs and have no plans to.

Having said that, this stuff is awfulsome. It's the blending of awful and awesome. I want to stop listening to it, but I can't seem to. Anyone else heard this? The music is kinda cool, if only the fucking singer would shut up. :wallbash:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
I want to hear this. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
:lol: I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan and I have most of their albums, as well as their live DVD set. But this stuff is absolutely ridiculous. Definitely blasphemous, but just so ridiculous that I have to laugh at it. The songs are almost unrecognizable from the original songs. The lyrics are the same and all, but... seriously! :lol:

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Yeah, there's also "RadioDread" (which I can't remember if it's a band or an album :lol:) and "Dub Side of the Moon"...which is definitely an album but I don't know by who :lol:

I bought my mate a Trojan Boxset (the reggae label, not the condoms) of reggae covers of Beatles songs. I love reggae, dub, ska personally so I really like the interesting route the covers go down :)

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
^^^ That's not bloody bad :D

That was it now, I remember, it's Easy All-Stars. They do the "RadioDread" album as well :yesway:

[action=DelfinoPie]adds "Dub Side of the Moon" to his list of CDs to get.[/action]

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
I love Dread Zeppelin! I saw them perform a number of years ago at a crappy little bar in Baltimore. They are a fantastic live band. I can see how their humor might not be right for everyone, however.

·
I Am The Tweaker
490 Posts
I remember years ago, they performed on MuchMusic here in Canada and it was quite interesting.

For those of you not wholly aware of the band's 'concept', the singer's name is "Tortelvis" and their music is the ultimate blend of rock & roll... Led Zepplin and Elvis. One of their more 'popular' songs was "Heartbreaker Hotel".

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I love Dread Zeppelin! I saw them perform a number of years ago at a crappy little bar in Baltimore. They are a fantastic live band. I can see how their humor might not be right for everyone, however.
I saw them at the old 930 a couple of times. They were a riot.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The reggae Pink Floyd confused the fuck out of me last year. I was at this party and was really drunk/high and heard Pink Floyd but then realized it was reggae. I couldn't tell if someone was playing the reggae and Floyd in different rooms and it was blending together or what.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts