Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MOD EDIT TO EVENTUALLY PLACE ALL 3 PARTS AT TOP OF THREAD.

I was really blown away; think he pulled it off amazingly; can't wait to see who it ends up being. Also looks like Petrucci is using the AXE-FX pretty regularly now \m/

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
As I said on Facebook, fuck this "reality show" process. Just pick the guy and be done with it.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
And replace LaBrie with Til Lindemann too.

My internet is horribly slow (fuck the Highlands :rant:), but I'll be sure to give this a watch when I can.
Wait, isn't Til Lindemann the guy from Rammstein? I'd want Roy Khan instead, but I know the DT guys would make him sing out of his good range and spend 3/4 of the album widdling all over him.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
I agree that this reality TV bullshit is a bit stupid, because it is obviously going to provoke a reaction from fans when the new drummer is picked.
"0MG new drummer suckz, they should have picked other guy!!1!!1"

That being said, it is quite cool to be able to see the auditions, live studio footage is always a win in my books.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
I agree that this reality TV bullshit is a bit stupid, because it is obviously going to provoke a reaction from fans when the new drummer is picked.
"0MG new drummer suckz, they should have picked other guy!!1!!1"

That being said, it is quite cool to be able to see the auditions, live studio footage is always a win in my books.
Yeah, I also really appreciate seeing what goes into an audition with a very professional band. Is the format kind of stupid? Yes. Is it still awesome to see. Absolutely.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Yeah, I also really appreciate seeing what goes into an audition with a very professional band. Is the format kind of stupid? Yes. Is it still awesome to see. Absolutely.
Just to make sure we're on the same page, I agree with everything you just said :lol:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Seeing that Derek Roddy auditioned just made me think of what Metropolis Pt. 2 would sound like if the album had the drums from Hate Eternal under it :lol:

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
i wonder how much of this has to do with the label milking this, and how much has to do with them being drama queens?

i really liked seeing mangini play, that guy has some chops. i'm actually looking forward to the next installments :yesway:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Just to make sure we're on the same page, I agree with everything you just said :lol:
Yeah, sorry, I was trying to agree with you :lol:

i wonder how much of this has to do with the label milking this, and how much has to do with them being drama queens?

i really liked seeing mangini play, that guy has some chops. i'm actually looking forward to the next installments :yesway:
I can really see why the label would want to milk this. It is really great press for the label. The band isn't really drawing it out too much, I mean, 7 auditions in 3 days is actually pretty quick. REALLY quick. Who knows though. I am just glad that it isn't a Portnoy bashing vid and it is "Hey, check out how badass these drummers are!" The vibe and spirit of the band while auditioning these guys makes me really excited for the next release.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
yeah, i think the band is being real good sports about it, and maybe through adding a new drummer they'll expand their fanbase even more.

There was one riff that they played during the video that I haven't heard before that sounded awesome. I wonder if thats something from the new record. :scream:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
The band isn't really drawing it out too much, I mean, 7 auditions in 3 days is actually pretty quick. REALLY quick. Who knows though.
Yeah, but they've been sitting on the "Who's the new guy" info is for at least 4 months now, probably longer. They could have just come out and said it if they wanted to.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
I quite enjoyed this, simply as it was nice to see the audition. I'm looking forward to the rest too. The format is a bit arse, but I'll take it over no footage of the auditions at all.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
I'd love to see Mangini get this.
He's a former band mate of mine and just a total hot shit to play with.
They would have a lot of fun with him behind the kit.

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
^
There is such thing as a shitty album though, which is a lot easier to make when you're fucking around with bullshit publicity/media hammyness. :squint: I haven't gave a watery shat about anything they've done since Octavarium (even then, that was spotty)... F O C U S, guys. :nono:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I'd be more excited if they were auditioning Kevin Moore, but that said, I hope Mangini gets the gig. :yesway:

Rudess is a brilliant player but it seems like since he joined, it's just a battle to see who can overplay the most.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm actually really enjoying the show. Would I like to know who their drummer is now? Sure but I think the show is being really well done. I personally hope Mangini or Donati get the gig.

1 - 20 of 225 Posts