Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Uhm... James Labrie is fucking awful on this one. I'm a HUGE fan of his Images and words/awake period, don't get me wrong. But DAMN, it's time to kick him out of the band... :eek: His performance is SO bad on this one. I compared it to Score and on that DVD he sang REALLY good.

Blind Faith is probably the song I'm most happy to see on the new one. And the clips from the NY Progressive Nation concert that I went halfway around the world to attend. Petrucci's solo on the extended version of surrounded is awesome too! Overall it's a great DVD minus Labries vocals... it's a shame because I love his old work but IMO it's time to get someone who can sing in key live and at least doesn't do vibratos in fifths.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
It had better be better than Budokan was. The sound on that one sucked.
I agree. Budokan looked great but the sound was bad in surround and in stereo. Plus in Under a Glass Moon, it switches from surround to stereo for no reason. I remember Portnoy being really pissed about that when it came out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.