Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of upgrading my cell phone. I plan on sticking with Verizon because I like the service.

What is the difference between the HTC droid and the Motorola droid? Looking at the VZ website they seem to have all the same features, except price tag.

Anyone have any experience with them?

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
The Eris lacks a keyboard, is only running Android 1.5 and has a smaller screen. It is also lighter than the Droid. Also the Motorola has more cool shit right out of the gate like the Google Navigation and the docking stations you can get.

I got a Droid last Saturday and I really like it so far. I'll write a review in a bit once I get some more time with it. I would say you can't go wrong with either really.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Htc = cool but breaky.
2 it of 2 friends who have had htc phones agree, so did the guy I used to go to at the alltel store, who said they got more returned htcs compared to sold than anything else. I like htc phones, but I'd never buy one

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Well, my friend has an HTC one... has had it for maybe a month now. Doesn't seem to be having any problems with it so far.

·
I don't like it.
11,070 Posts
I got a droid, and got an eris for my mom. Side by side its no comparison, the droid is faster, has a better screen, and the slide out keyboard is a nice addition. The lack of a trackball is also for the best, IMO. Go moto droid! I switched TO verizon for it, couldn't be happier.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I got a droid, and got an eris for my mom. Side by side its no comparison, the droid is faster, has a better screen, and the slide out keyboard is a nice addition. The lack of a trackball is also for the best, IMO. Go moto droid! I switched TO verizon for it, couldn't be happier.
How many phones have you had in the last 12 months? :lol:

·
I don't like it.
11,070 Posts
How many phones have you had in the last 12 months? :lol:
9, counting my BB Pearl, my 7 Pre's, and my Droid. The Pearl I owned for over 2 years, my Pre's were pieces of shit that were replaced under warranty every time, and I can easily see my Droid lasting till my next upgrade.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
9, counting my BB Pearl, my 7 Pre's, and my Droid. The Pearl I owned for over 2 years, my Pre's were pieces of shit that were replaced under warranty every time, and I can easily see my Droid lasting till my next upgrade.
7 Pre's? I've heard really good things about them. That's pretty crazy that you got a boatload of shitty ones... What happened?

·
I don't like it.
11,070 Posts
7 Pre's? I've heard really good things about them. That's pretty crazy that you got a boatload of shitty ones... What happened?
1st one, got on launch day, earpiece stopped working after 1 week. 2nd and 3rd one, speakerphone speaker blew out, sounded like shit. 4th one, screen stopped working, phone still worked, just nothing on the screen. 5th one was a freezy, poorly working piece of shit. 6th one was fine but at that point I was so done with the Pre, but I finally got a store manager to order me a brand new one instead of a refurb, so when the 7th one came in, I sold it as soon as possible and jumped ship to Verizon. Sprint refused to put me in a different model phone, or id have stuck with them, because I like Sprint very much. I've never, seriously, never, had to replace a phone until the Pre. Also, the OS feels very beta, it doesn't even utilize the GPU, so it tends to be sluggish, as the CPU handles everything. I was tired of shitty hardware and a public beta OS.

·
I don't like it.
11,070 Posts
Damn, that's crazy Elysian.

I've had a few friends with the Pre and they love them.
They just don't know what they're missing on other platforms :lol: the Droid does everything the Pre does, faster, better, and with better battery life :yesway:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts