Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some advice on this, I realized I think I have an old CRT monitor in my basement I can use as my 2nd monitor, and another desk to turn mine into an L shaped desk. The only thing i'd really use it for is to have Superior Drummer, and VSTs always shown while I record. Any advice on setting this up?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Yep, plug it in and go. :yesway:

Edit: Assuming your machine has a second video out. Otherwise, check what slots you have open (PCI/PCI-E, etc), and snag a cheap video card if you need to. You can get a lot of VC for next to nothing these days, and since you aren't going to be gaming on your second monitor, you don't need anything outrageous.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yep, plug it in and go. :yesway:

Edit: Assuming your machine has a second video out. Otherwise, check what slots you have open (PCI/PCI-E, etc), and snag a cheap video card if you need to. You can get a lot of VC for next to nothing these days, and since you aren't going to be gaming on your second monitor, you don't need anything outrageous.
Shit, for some reason I thought my current monitor was USB but its not.(What monitor is? :nuts:) I'm going to need an adapter or something.

*edit* If I just get an adapter to plug the other monitor into the DVI slot do you think that would work?

Upon looking at prices I think I'll just get a dual HD15 cable. Should be able to edit my monitor(s) settings to make everything look right.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
So your card has an 9-pin and a DVI slot, correct?

If so, yup, just plug #2 into DVI. (Or vice versa)

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So your card has an 9-pin and a DVI slot, correct?

If so, yup, just plug #2 into DVI. (Or vice versa)
Yeah, its got 9 pin, DVI, and an HDMI slot. Neither monitor has a DVI connector so I'm going to need an adapter of some sort any way I go with it. :noway: (Was hoping it was something I could get operational today).

·
Read Only
10 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Gotta make some modifications to the side desk or find one that will work better but its a start. Ill try modding the side desk first, its just a cheap desk that's been collecting dust in my basement (as was the other monitor :lol: )

(And by modify I mean take a saw to it :metal: )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts