Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Man, that was a really good job!

I remember learning this song back in the day, and it was pretty difficult, but fun to play.

Cool video!

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The acoustic interlude is a little 'winged,' but fuckit. That's Friedman at his peak. there's like a handful of people I've ever heard play it right. Dave can't even play that shit (although I'm gonna learn it, since my guitar has the acoustic output). Otherwise I think Dave's parts are for me, Marty's for my other guitar player.

The bass playing is great. :agreed:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

He's even dressed like Cliff. :metal:

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
couple minor nags, but mostly technique stuff in the soloing. Sounded good for what it was and was entertaining to watch, he got a lot of those solos really close which is sweet because a lot of daves shredding ends up sounding kerry kingish to me sometimes.

awesome. plus the million jackson guitars was awesome.

·
Poland CEO / RHLC ©
2,393 Posts
Speaking of Megadeth covers on youtube...

Don't know if anyone saw this guy .. Damn he's like a second Marty Friedman, he even holds the pick the same way :lol:

:metal:

Definitely check out his Hangar, Tornado,Holy Wars and Lucretia :metal:

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
I was gonna say, he does a great job on DNR, but someone else already posted it. Why wear a mask is what I'm wondering? :scratch:

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
I can't be the only one that dusted off the ol' HW tablature because of this video.
I wouldn't need to dust off tab for that song... my band used to cover it live all the time. Hell, I've got vids on YouTube of us playing it...

... so, speaking of:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts