Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Damn, that is seriously spot on. Especially Dime's not-particularly-great-but-definitely-unique vibrato.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Damn, that is seriously spot on. Especially Dime's not-particularly-great-but-definitely-unique vibrato.
Exactly what I was going to say, except I actually dug his vibrato. It wasn't something I'd go for, but it fit his style.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I just was reminded how god awful Trendkill is. :lol:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

Just saying......:metal:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Practically any other guitar > Washburn Dime > Dean Dime

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I take trendkill waaaaaaay over Far Beyond Drive. FBD is probably the most praised overrated releases I have ever heard.
I don't like much of anything after Vulgar.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Practically any other guitar > Washburn Dime > Dean Dime
I can't comment on the quality (though I've always wanted a Dime Slime 333 and a Culprit, and I once played a Razorback 7 that was pretty good) but I was referring to eras of Dime himself. I never kept with what he played on what album but for me growing up, all the magazines and MTV clips were Dimebag playing a Washburn through a Warhead. I'm sure he played Deans earlier on but when I see his image next to a Dean, all I think of is all the dogshit that was put out shortly before and after his death. :2c:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I can't comment on the quality (though I've always wanted a Dime Slime 333 and a Culprit, and I once played a Razorback 7 that was pretty good) but I was referring to eras of Dime himself. I never kept with what he played on what album but for me growing up, all the magazines and MTV clips were Dimebag playing a Washburn through a Warhead. I'm sure he played Deans earlier on but when I see his image next to a Dean, all I think of is all the dogshit that was put out shortly before and after his death. :2c:
I never liked the ML shape, so none of his guitars held any appeal to me.

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
:highfive: I'm not sure if it's the best but it ranks very high in my list.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Power Metal is best Pantera.
Truth. I actually bought the physical CD when I was at Maryland Death Fest a few years ago. One of my buddies (hes 40. Was essentially a "90s" metalhead and doesnt have much appreciation for much of the 80s) scoffed at me when I told him the same thing.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He played Deans originally, they made the original ML (which was just a production model, wasn't his signature or anything). It only became a signature when Dean folded, sold the design to Washburn, who then started making them for Dime. Fast forward a few years and Dean start up again, only this time they're like BC Rich and Schecter had a baby, to produce the most Hot Topic, flavour of the month edgy metal guitars. So to me, not only did Dean shit all over Dime's legacy with the fucking god-awful models they've released posthumously, but they've shit all over their own legacy too. The original Dean ML is a classy as fuck instrument. But I'll never own one now thanks to the association with the new shit.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
He played Deans originally, they made the original ML (which was just a production model, wasn't his signature or anything). It only became a signature when Dean folded, sold the design to Washburn, who then started making them for Dime. Fast forward a few years and Dean start up again, only this time they're like BC Rich and Schecter had a baby, to produce the most Hot Topic, flavour of the month edgy metal guitars. So to me, not only did Dean shit all over Dime's legacy with the fucking god-awful models they've released posthumously, but they've shit all over their own legacy too. The original Dean ML is a classy as fuck instrument. But I'll never own one now thanks to the association with the new shit.
Truth.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Hmm, I always dug Dime's vibrato. There actually isn't a single thing about Dime I don't like, including his tone. This guy did great!

Zakk made a vid a couple weeks ago of him playing the "Walk" solo and aside from seeming a bit rushed/heavy handed in spots, he gets the feel down pretty close. You can tell how Zakk's vibrato is just a biter wider than Dime's in here.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts