Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Pretty exciting. Totally not going to watch that preview, but will 100% fanboy over it after I've seen the movie :yesway:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
It looks awesome, but I've seen this story so many times by now that I'm not even sure if I want to watch it. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Fuck yes, Stellan Skarsgard. :metal:

My only issue with this trailer is that this movie can be renamed "Dune 2020: The Reboot Where Everyone In The Universe Is Ridiculously Good Looking". :lol:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Very excited for this. I know the original movie had it's issues, but I've always enjoyed it since I was a kid.

Currently reading God Emperor of Dune.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
It's been so long since I read the books, that I can't even remember anything about them except that they involve giant worms that poop out a mind-altering substance. Plus the far future somehow including royalty.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Super excited for this one and can't hardly wait anymore. I am actually surprised how "similar" the scenes look to the Lynch movie (which I love as I've seen it many times since i was a kid, and only read the book years later).

Pumped for the Pink Floyd Orchestration also, nice nod to Jodorowsky!

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
It's been so long since I read the books, that I can't even remember anything about them except that they involve giant worms that poop out a mind-altering substance. Plus the far future somehow including royalty.
I first watched the movie only this year, and that's about what I'll be heading into this new movie with :lol:

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
I haven't seen the original version yet. Not sure why, it just never popped up on my radar. I almost watched it this past weekend, too.

I'm a big fan of these orchestrated versions of songs and being the biggest Floyd fanboy I know, I was all giddy. I started my own version of Soundgarden's "Blow Up The Outside" but it's been daunting to tackle and complete.

I'm certainly more anxious to check out the first one after seeing this trailer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts