Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I'm really interested in this guitar. Has anyone got one?

How does the neck feel? It looks like glossy coat.
I haven't a guitarstore nearby where i can try it out. Unfortunately.

Besides that i'm thinking it's topnotch quality. Like the most Japan made ESP and E-II.

Thank you.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
I was interested in these and got my hands on one about 6 months ago at a local guitar store. When playing it sitting down, the shape forced it to my left so my picking hand was centered over my left hip instead of the middle of my body. That was a deal breaker for me, but otherwise it was a really sweet guitar. Fast neck, great action and very resonant.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was interested in these and got my hands on one about 6 months ago at a local guitar store. When playing it sitting down, the shape forced it to my left so my picking hand was centered over my left hip instead of the middle of my body. That was a deal breaker for me, but otherwise it was a really sweet guitar. Fast neck, great action and very resonant.
Hi, thanks for your reply.
That must be because of the weird "cutaway" between the horns?

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Hi, thanks for your reply.
That must be because of the weird "cutaway" between the horns?
Yep. It was actually what attracted me to it. Since I don't play live anymore, most of my jamming is done sitting down. I've always loved Vs but never enjoyed playing one while seated, so I figured that notch would be perfect, but it shunted the guitar to the left, which I wasn't expecting.

Now, if I was still gigging, I would care at all - the first few gigs I did after switching from just vocals to vocals and guitar I played a Gibson V and never had an issue on stage.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. It was actually what attracted me to it. Since I don't play live anymore, most of my jamming is done sitting down. I've always loved Vs but never enjoyed playing one while seated, so I figured that notch would be perfect, but it shunted the guitar to the left, which I wasn't expecting.

Now, if I was still gigging, I would care at all - the first few gigs I did after switching from just vocals to vocals and guitar I played a Gibson V and never had an issue on stage.
Okay. well, yes i'm a home player only, but i love the shape of the V. I play mostly sitting down. But found out there are diffent ways to play a V while sitting on a chair.
For example use a strap, or place the horns around the leg, or use a chair with a footrest.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
I have the Arrow 7 and it feels normal to me same as an RR model with how it sits. My gibson styled ones put the neck much farther to the left in comparison when sitting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I mostly own v-shaped guitars because when I was young regular round guitars always seem to slide off my leg but mostly they pushed into my chest and irritated me and gave me some pain there. In playing a v you can move your leg left or right and adjust the guitar to your liking I also found that you can be more aggressive and push on the guitar and it will not slide anywhere because it is straddled on your thigh! I prefer a v guitar now over any standard shaped guitar I do like parlor style acoustics because the body is much smaller. But I am a hardcore V shape player I have 13 guitars two of them are double cut away the rest are v-shaped with one Jackson Kelly. But with some time and practice I can just about guarantee that a v-shaped guitar is better sitting down than just about any other shape. Now standing up is a whole another deal, but a lot of that depends on where the strap buttons are. \M/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts