Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, let me see if I can explain as best as I can.

With our Exchange server in one of our offices, if I want a copy of an e-mail that is sent to one address sent to another, I just go to that account and under the Exchange General Properties, sending options, type in the additional address you want the e-mail to go to. No big deal, and I've done this with a few other e-mail accounts.

Now here's where it gets tricky...

I have another computer that is not on a domain, but somehow (without using any rules in Outlook) I have it forwarding it's e-mails to me, and I have absolutely no idea how I set this up a few months ago. There must be another way that I am completely forgetting about right now.

Also, for some reason when this particular e-mail receives attachments, it packages them into a .dat file, and does not display the attachments as it regularly should.

Now here's the part I really don't understand... I set up the POP3 and SMTP for the e-mail client and they work fine, but there is another program I run that generates an e-mail function, and I have to use a different SMTP for it to work, and I don't understand this at all. I am wondering if this is why I'm receiving the e-mails packaged into .dat files...

I'm wondering about the forwarding thing, because I think I'm going to uninstall the Outlook profile and create a new one, because there are just a lot of screwy things going on.

Also, I really need to have the attachments not packaged as .dat's.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
i occasionally get files form windows users that are .dat's (on my MAC) at work

I found a freeware ap that would let me open view those attachments (I cant for hte life of me remember what is is called)

I think there should be a setting under outlooks attachment properties that will stop it from sending attachments as .dats....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts