Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is for me lol, I am sticking with Reverb for selling.

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
Is Reverb any good for moving lower end stuff? I kinda get the sense that most of the people looking for cheap, used Ibbys and Schecters are probably just on ebay, but I dunno if that's actually the case.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Is Reverb any good for moving lower end stuff? I kinda get the sense that most of the people looking for cheap, used Ibbys and Schecters are probably just on ebay, but I dunno if that's actually the case.
I've sold some cheap-ish shit ($200 - $500) on Reverb before.

That said, the new policy Reverb has of pulling the fees out at the time of the transaction rather than a month later is a lot bigger of a deal, to me. Those ebay fees always seem to show up at seemingly random and are somehow always higher than you estimated they'd be, but it's so far removed from the actual sale, you're not sure it's worth pursing. :2c:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Yep. I've bought and sold a lot of standard pedals there, as well as some amps and guitars. Whore, I think, is the word for it. :lol:

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Those ebay fees always seem to show up at seemingly random and are somehow always higher than you estimated they'd be, but it's so far removed from the actual sale, you're not sure it's worth pursing. :2c:
I couldn't agree more. If I sold something, I owe the fees I owe. Just take the damn money.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
About fucking time they did something about that. 10% was just insane, then there's the 3.2% Paypal take (even on postage, which I think is the most criminal part - you should only pay on the sale of the item, you're not profiting from postage costs) making it practically pointless selling some items on there.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
If anything, people seem willing to pay more on Reverb. I sold a Strymon DIG for more than I paid for it.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
you should only pay on the sale of the item, you're not profiting from postage costs
Customs do the fucking same... they calculate the fucking Import Taxes with the shipping fees included and then even add VAT on top of it all...

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
This might actual tempt me to start selling shit on ebay again. The only way I ever listed anything was by using the reduced final value fees offer as 10% was ridiculous. When they changed it from the sliding scale I think they alienated a lot of non business sellers, which was completely stupid.

Is this just the US, or worldwide?

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
People are getting crazy with prices on old Ibbys, I see RG550 from late 90s totally beaten selling for 700-800 euros...

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I occasionally go look at eBay for guitars, but I've noticed a lot of the higher end stuff is thinning out.

Reverb - what in the name of unholy fuck happened to the prices of old Ibanez guitars???

1700 CAD Ibanez RG770
Speculators.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I've sold cheap stuff and expensive stuff on Reverb. The only stuff you can't move on there is stuff you've priced unrealistically. :lol: Most stuff I list is gone within 2 days and I've sold like 30+ things there.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I find Reverb is much more reliable and more friendly to gear-related sellers.

Only problem is that everyone there is knowledgeable with gear, so the prices tend to be at normal market level or higher.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts