Metal Guitarist Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
Reverb also has a checkout fee of 2.7%(2.5% for preferred sellers) for direct checkout, so if you don't use paypal to skip their fee, you are still getting fucked some..

But they also ding you on shipping. I also agree that that feels almost criminal, the first time I noticed I was like WTF and called them up and told them they made a mistake and billed me on the shipping too, I was like well wtf thats another $100 your feeing me on for shipping to Canada. asshats.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Personally, I don't think a small fee is out of order. FleaBay was over-priced for a long time - still may be, considering the competition.

But giving up a small percentage to access Reverb's market and tools - a system they built - does not raise my hackles. I may drop a couple bucks when it all shakes out, but it's easier and more cost-effective than trying to get the locals to pay for a decent guitar without losing even more to a trade offer.

Shipping through Reverb is cheaper than shipping through the local UPS or USPS or Fedex, by the way.

I'm not sure how any of that counts as a negative against Reverb.

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Personally, I don't think a small fee is out of order. FleaBay was over-priced for a long time - still may be, considering the competition.

But giving up a small percentage to access Reverb's market and tools - a system they built - does not raise my hackles. I may drop a couple bucks when it all shakes out, but it's easier and more cost-effective than trying to get the locals to pay for a decent guitar without losing even more to a trade offer.

Shipping through Reverb is cheaper than shipping through the local UPS or USPS or Fedex, by the way.

I'm not sure how any of that counts as a negative against Reverb.
I've noticed that as well. Shipped my Ampeg V4B to a buyer in Colorado.. when I put in the package info into UPS's website, the quote was $97 for shipping. The same dimensions put into Reverb's calculator for UPS was $50. I went with Reverb and saved a good $47 on a 54lb package.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts