Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forumers, I have very recently purchased a Schecter Banshee Elite 7 FR-S

It comes with Ebony fingerboard but I believe it to have Maple bindings how would you maintain such fingerboards? Should I just go ahead and clean it with Dunlop 01 and then with 02 Conditioner as usual with my other guitars with Ebony boards? Would it harm the maple bindings?

·
Look what I can do
498 Posts
Id like to see a picture of that.

I've never used anything but the lemon oil stuff, Dunlop brand I think but I can't remember the number on it. I can't see any reason you wouldn't be able to use the same stuff on ebony and maple unless they specifically state not to or Something. In that regard I would say wood is wood.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
It won't kill it. Chances are the maple would have been sealed it even resin cured making it fine to use regular cleaning stuff on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm afraid I don't know how to post pictures on this forum with an iPad or iPhone. Is this forum on tapatalk?

The maple binding doesn't seem like it's been treated.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Just upload the images to a host like photobucket or Flickr. There will be a BB code there for the images.

·
Registered
803 Posts
That sounds pretty cool. I know that i have a prep and conditioner for my fingerboard from dunlop and it specifically states not to use on maple. But if it doesnt say that you should be able to use it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts