Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bored of boredom
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on purchasing an 8 string so I can at least record, but playing through a toneport wont satisfy me forever. Should I get a blackstar Ht-5 or something? I feel like I'll still wanna just plug and play without all this computer nonsense, sometimes simple is better:)yesway:) ya know? I'd love recommendations guys!
oh and I think I'm gonna keep my loop station so an fx loop would be cool.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
I said it many times, but I'll say it again : I looove my HT-5. Quite hard to find a small "tube" head with that much features, that sounds that big and have this ridiculous price tag. IMHO, you can't go wrong.

(side note : a tubescreamer really add tightness to it and I can't live without it).

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
HT-5 is a good option. Plus it has a "speaker-simulated" headphone out or you can pull from the FX loop for recording impulses. Very versatile and great-sounding little box.

·
Bored of boredom
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HT-5 is a good option. Plus it has a "speaker-simulated" headphone out or you can pull from the FX loop for recording impulses. Very versatile and great-sounding little box.
Wait up, could you explain what you mean by this?

I said it many times, but I'll say it again : I looove my HT-5. Quite hard to find a small "tube" head with that much features, that sounds that big and have this ridiculous price tag. IMHO, you can't go wrong.

(side note : a tubescreamer really add tightness to it and I can't live without it).
Any tubescreamer in specific? or can I just snatch any ol' one?

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
I have an early Bloody Murder, so I can't really speak about other TS, but i'm sure Josh can chime in... I'm pretty sure the good ol' Ibanez Tube Screamer should do the job.

Wait up, could you explain what you mean by this?
When you plug your headphones in, you have the choice of 1x12'' or 4x12" speaker emulation.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I used a TS7. Sounded great on both channels :yesway:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts