Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The verdict is in on the Nova system, and it's going on eBay. It's not transparent enough. With the loop on and all of the effects off, it's still a big difference. It's also a pain in the ass to use. :lol:

Thus, recommendations? I'm torn between a G-Major, and another 1101, which I had before and liked. I need to do this quickly, before the urge to buy an Axe-Fx for effects only comes over me, having played with Vince's the other night and been extremely impressed with it. I just don't need a $2000 processor to compliment my $2000 head, since I am enamored with the raw tone of the Roadster as it is.

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Thus, recommendations? I'm torn between a G-Major, and another 1101, which I had before and liked. I need to do this quickly, before the urge to buy an Axe-Fx for effects only comes over me, having played with Vince's the other night and been extremely impressed with it. I just don't need a $2000 processor to compliment my $2000 head, since I am enamored with the raw tone of the Roadster as it is.
Buy the Axe, then sell it to me for $1800 when you decide to go back to a 1101. Yessum.

Honestly, why not grab both (the G-Major and the 1101) from a place with a good return policy and see which one you like? Use the availability of floater funds to your advantage!

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
:lol: Honestly, man, how many effects do you really NEED? The Roadster sounds brutal on its own, and has a good enough built in 'verb. Just buy a really primo transparent delay. :yesway:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Sounds like the GMajor for you, unless you want to buy the Eventide pedals (Timefactor, Modfactor, etc.)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:lol: Honestly, man, how many effects do you really NEED? The Roadster sounds brutal on its own, and has a good enough built in 'verb. Just buy a really primo transparent delay. :yesway:
Dude, my last amp was a 2101, remember? I love me some effects. :wub:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Dude, my last amp was a 2101, remember? I love me some effects. :wub:
Your last amp was also solid state. Things change.

·
18,790 Posts
The G-System's pretty cool, but you'll need a MIDI amp switcher, since its built in relays are not great. And it's a little limited in what it can do. If you find that its set of features works for your needs, it's amazing, but if you want certain features/flexibility, it's not there.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
GMajor :yesway:
Sounds like the GMajor for you, unless you want to buy the Eventide pedals (Timefactor, Modfactor, etc.)
Go with the G-Major, built in Midi switching for your amp is a big + in my book!
+1!:agreed:

Dude im telling you, just get the G-Major and grab a couple overdrive pedals for out front and you'll be set :yesway:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Axe-FX = $1500 because you can live without the Ultra features as best as I can tell.
Because it's actually worth it more when you're using it for effects only to get the Ultra for the routable noise gate :lol:

When you're using amp models, they don't generate any noise on their own, so the gate at the input of the Standard works just fine. When you have a real amp with a tube pre-amp section, you need a gate in the loop.

That being said, the G-Major will probably do just fine for you. I found it really transparent, and the effects are top notch. Do you think maybe that maybe it's the effects loop on the Roadster that's causing a change in tone? Run a cable from the send to the return, and switch on the effects loop and see if there's any noticeable difference.

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
So, you actually turn the effects loop on and off? I leave my effects loop on all the time and when I don't want effects, I just turn off the pedals. Turning the effects loop on and off too just seems like an unnecessary pedal stomp to me. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts