Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my live rig home to play around with since I picked up a new cab this week.

Here's the rig (minus pedalboard, apparently I don't have a current picture of that)

Egnater Renegade 65
Mesa Recto 2x12 (V30s)

Only thing in my pedalboard that I used in this was my MXR Custom Badass Modified Overdrive (love that pedal).

Oh, and this is all with my PRS SE245, using the Gibson 57 Classic Plus I put in the bridge spot.

Anyways, I threw an SM57 on it, dialed in an ok tone, and tracked a sloppy cover over a downloaded MIDI drum track that's almost as bad as Lars.

Oh, and I don't usually play this high gain with my band, so there's no noise gate, and I'm sitting about a foot away from the amp/cab :lol:

Mercyful Fate Medley (rhythm guitars only)
http://soundcloud.com/aaronvsmusic/mercyful-fate-egnater

And something a little closer to my usual tone (just the amp, no OD, which I mainly use as a lead boost live):
http://soundcloud.com/aaronvsmusic/egnater-renegade-65-short-demo

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Holy shit Aaron that sounded fucking awesome.:metal::metal::metal:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
:ytia::metal:

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:highfive:
Here's a basically finished track (recorded a long time ago, so I think it's the POD X3, but I don't think I'll be re-recording anything) that'll be on the EP. It's in a weird tuning (DADABC#) and the solo at the end was completely improvised. I couldn't play it again exactly the same if I tried :lol:

http://soundcloud.com/aaronvsmusic/baseline

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Wow great tracks.

The one on the second page was excellent and the Merciful Fate medley makes me want to explore their catalogue!

Very professional sounding recordings!

LOL didn't realize King Diamond was part of Mercyful Fate

I kept thinking man the guitars rock but I could do without the vocals.... now I know why

That said it was not nearly as bad as I remembered KD to be. I think I could get into MF!

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow great tracks.

The one on the second page was excellent and the Merciful Fate medley makes me want to explore their catalogue!

Very professional sounding recordings!

LOL didn't realize King Diamond was part of Mercyful Fate

I kept thinking man the guitars rock but I could do without the vocals.... now I know why

That said it was not nearly as bad as I remembered KD to be. I think I could get into MF!
Thanks!

As far as the Mercyful Fate medley goes, consider this (as it was for me) your gateway drug:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Thanks!

As far as the Mercyful Fate medley goes, consider this (as it was for me) your gateway drug:

Metallica- Mercyful Fate - YouTube
Damn you the first one is always free :)

Hmmm maybe they could just cover all MF stuff and save us from another Metallica album.

And this is from a guy who saw them
1) black album tour
2) guns and roses/metallica tour
3) double live album summer tour
4) load tour

So there was a time that I thought they were the best

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn you the first one is always free :)

Hmmm maybe they could just cover all MF stuff and save us from another Metallica album.

And this is from a guy who saw them
1) black album tour
2) guns and roses/metallica tour
3) double live album summer tour
4) load tour

So there was a time that I thought they were the best
I was a huge fan of them in the mid-late 90s, right up until S&M. If they'd made Garage Inc. and S&M their last albums and tours, and called it quits when Jason left, they'd probably still be one of my favourite bands. They still are, if I ignore 75% of what they do these days :lol: At this point, I'd rather hear a Hetfield solo album, and see what Kirk gets up to on his own (probably filmmaking).

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Those tones sound killer man, nice job!

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Here's a basically finished track (recorded a long time ago, so I think it's the POD X3, but I don't think I'll be re-recording anything) that'll be on the EP. It's in a weird tuning (DADABC#) and the solo at the end was completely improvised. I couldn't play it again exactly the same if I tried :lol:

http://soundcloud.com/aaronvsmusic/baseline
I will definitely be checking this out once I'm a little more awake and a little less hungover. :agreed:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts