Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need know your opinion about of this amps? for what things are good each one. Pros and cons. What is better in terms of versatility and tone?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
First pass, the 5153 is going to have the better tone, and the Egnater (by reputation) will be more versatile.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
First pass, the 5153 is going to have the better tone, and the Egnater (by reputation) will be more versatile.
Better tone for metal....thats about it actually.:yesway:

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

I love my Renegade 65, absolutely stellar amp. The 5153 is probably more capable of brutal metal tones, but the Egnater's not lacking in gain by any means. Just maybe smoother. With a good boost and the right cab, it'll do metal. I haven't played a 5153 yet, but I've heard one in person a couple times, and they're honestly pretty competitive in terms of versatility.

Also, give the Egnater's manual a look. You can throw almost any tubes you want into it as long as you're comfortable with a multimeter, and if you blow a power tube, you won't have to stop playing.

·
18,790 Posts
For reference:

Here's the Egnater, showing the amazing cleans, and and high-gain (2:25-ish):

And 5153 (showing versatility, starts playing at 3:45):

The Egnater's probably a little smoother, with a nicer (IMHO) clean, and the 5153 is a little more aggressive, but both do high gain, midgain, crunch, and clean really, really well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts