Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Stupid Motorola Backflip: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.0.13.37.MB300.ATT.en.US Flex/P014) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

So, it is in Skyrim? YES! :D

I remember seeing some concept art of the trollkin somewhere. It looked awesome. When they were initially saying the next installment wouldn't be in Skyrim, and then that it wouldn't happen at all, I was a sad panda.

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
I originally heard a while ago that this is supposed to be a mmo. Man, I hope that's not true. I don't mind mmo's, but Elder Scrolls games aren't designed for them. I feel like it would come entirely out of left field, and would almost feel like an entirely different franchise....I hope what I heard was just some silly, made up rumor.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Totally agree. I'm a MMO player (played more EQ than I'll ever admit, and I play WoW) and one of the draws of games like Oblivion to me is that they're single player and a totally different experience than the online style.

·
Life well spent is long
132 Posts
Now this is awesome news.

I love the elder scrolls series. I just hope part V will live up to the hype that will come.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Forza 4, Elderscrolls V, Mass Effect 3, man...it's going to be amazing couple of years for games!

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
HEEEELLLLL YEAH! I read the book that pretty much sets up this game, so I am very excited for it. I love the Elder Scrolls series!

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I'm excited. Ultra good bunch of games coming up this year.

I don't think it will dissapoint, when has bethesda ever dissapointed with an rpg? Certain gamers might not like the gameplay mechanics, but there is no denying bethesda puts out super polished games that don't dissapoint. They have some of the highest production values in the industry too.

I spent a shit ton of time playing oblivion, so I can't wait to get this.

·
Devil
1,871 Posts
Bout damn time. Was getting tired of the Fallout bullshit. :D

I had heard it was going to be in the Black Marsh... But Skyrim's cool too.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
This is the number 1 game I've been looking forward to for the last 4 years (and I didn't even know what it was called yet!). The Elder Scrolls is my favorite gaming series. Morrowind is my favorite game ever, Oblivion is my second favorite game ever, and Bethesda has been my favorite video game company for a pretty long time now. Oh... this is looking to be pretty sweet.

It's gonna be hard waiting for this one.

Skyrim was a great choice in my opinion. :yesway: The game looks epic.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
This is the number 1 game I've been looking forward to for the last 4 years (and I didn't even know what it was called yet!). The Elder Scrolls is my favorite gaming series. Morrowind is my favorite game ever, Oblivion is my second favorite game ever, and Bethesda has been my favorite video game company for a pretty long time now. Oh... this is looking to be pretty sweet.

Exactly my sentiment Naren. Your tastes are superb!

·
Banned
7,428 Posts

Likewise, I'm hoping they one day re-do Morrowind with the gameplay from Oblivion (minus the level scaling). I would buy that in an instant. :metal:

I'm hoping this isn't quite as dumbed down as Oblivion was though...

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Likewise, I'm hoping they one day re-do Morrowind with the gameplay from Oblivion (minus the level scaling). I would buy that in an instant. :metal:

I'm hoping this isn't quite as dumbed down as Oblivion was though...
While on the whole I think Morrowind is a better game than Oblivion, there were a lot of things that Oblivion did better.

If they someday do remake Morrowind, I hope it'll be around 2017 or so, so we get all the great improvements. I don't really see them remaking any of the Elder Scrolls games, though.

A remake of Daggerfall would be pretty sweet too. Remade and improved. That game done in the style of Oblivion would just be epic. I mean, Daggerfall WAS epic and so is Morrowind and Oblivion... but it would be MORE epic. :lol:

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
The only thing I didn't like about Morrowind was the combat. You'd be blatantly hitting someone and about one in every twenty hits would actually count. So glad Oblivion didn't have that shit. In Oblivion, if you hit them you hit them. :yesway:

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Bethesda is working on a fantasy MMO that they started on in 2006 and was supposed to be released in 2011 = I don't know if this is it or not... (This might be a test for a mmo release)

IF I had to guess I would say that this game is probably goign to be an MMO - most game companys are moving away from offline gaming (EA Just announced they will no longer be making offline games....)

IF this game is a MMO it will probably either

A be sub based (Ala WOW) or be a buy and play lobby/co-op with up to x people per server (Like Guild Wars)

I have a lot of friends/guildmates that work in several MMO studios but I don't have any that work for Bethesda or Zenimax so I haven't heard anything I could that would make me say if this game is a mmo or not.

I will keep my ears open -

1 - 20 of 77 Posts