Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here use them? Apparently they're less harmful than real cigarettes since they lack the tar and all the other additives, although obviously nicotine isn't exactly healthy :lol:

Thinking about getting one, since I'm on day 3 of quitting smoking again, although admittedly I did have half of one yesterday. Just curious if anyone here has used them and can offer any insight to these things.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
they taste like horror terror, i can tell you that

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I know that there's a douchebag who sells them in a mall kiosk here, and offers hits to everyone that looks to be of age. But thats about all i know about them :lol:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
FWIW JJ, these don't remove the second biggest issue with stopping smoking - nicotine addiction. And they certainly don't remove the first, which is the actual act of smoking - which I find much more difficult to give up.

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
I tried one a while back, whilst pissed mind... Kinda want a pipe version, because I'm a fucking weirdo, but should probably give that shit up altogether. (not working at the moment :()

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FWIW JJ, these don't remove the second biggest issue with stopping smoking - nicotine addiction. And they certainly don't remove the first, which is the actual act of smoking - which I find much more difficult to give up.
Hell, if it's a less damaging alternative, I can live with that. Apparently, there's no smell, it's a bit cheaper, and obviously without the tar and extra additives, probably not nearly as many carcinogens.

You can get nicotine free juice for it too, so while I'm getting my nicotine fix, I can keep diluting how much nicotine I'm taking in over a period of time, and then just smoke nicotine free shit, then break the habit of smoking. That is if I really feel that much of an urge to quit smoking this thing :lol:

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Hell, if it's a less damaging alternative, I can live with that. Apparently, there's no smell, it's a bit cheaper, and obviously without the tar and extra additives, probably not nearly as many carcinogens.

You can get nicotine free juice for it too, so while I'm getting my nicotine fix, I can keep diluting how much nicotine I'm taking in over a period of time, and then just smoke nicotine free shit, then break the habit of smoking. That is if I really feel that much of an urge to quit smoking this thing :lol:
Nerina's mom has one. Virtually no smell. Looks like smoke but its vapor :shrug:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nerina's mom has one. Virtually no smell. Looks like smoke but its vapor :shrug:
That's what I hear. If it can stop me smoking regular cigarettes, that's all I care about :lol: If not, well, it was less than trying a couple months worth of nicotine patches.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, just got it in the mail a few hours ago, and after the atomizer (thing that heats up the liquid) broke in, it tasted fairly good. It's not quite as satisfying as smoking a regular smoke, but I think I can deal with that as I quit. After the novelty wore off, I find myself just picking it up and having 3-4 puffs and setting it down, so it might even lower my overall nicotine intake.

We'll see how I am in a few days with no cigarettes.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Tomorrow will be one week for me completely smoke free. :yesway:

I am using this 90% of the time, the eGo-T tank system, with low nicotine e-Juice. It is fucking AWESOME.

JOYE eGo-T (eGo Tank) Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit

I also have this, which feels a bit more like a real cigarette that I run 18mg shit in. I use this for the morning smoke and if I start to really crave a real one:

JOYE 510 Electronic cigarette Starter Kit

I can't say enough about how much better I feel right now, and I can't believe how well the eCig is working out for me. I also have my mom hooked on one now too, and she's been a smoker since before I was born.

If you guys are trying to quit, seriously, try these. So far so good for me. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
i got one recently as well, different brand than you guys, but same deal.

i'm using them as well as still smoking, but using it all to cut back, maybe someday quit. immediately i went from a pack a day (25 pack) to 1/2 pack or less of real smokes. and i'm not using the e-cig constantly, just inbetween smokes, and just a couple of puffs at a time.

my system comes in nico levels of from 24mg down to zero. so i plan on cutting back futher on the real smoking, as well as lowering the nicotine levels in the e-cig.

and i can sit at my desk at work and smoke = win!

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
I'm the one who told Chris about ecigs & I'm glad it's working out for him.

I got mine from envycig.com. I used it to curb my actual smoking. Overnight, I went from a pack a day to a pack lasting me just over a week. I was doing well for about a month, but in the last 6 months, I've had an amazing amount of stress put onto my shoulders, so I did abandon my ecig for a while. At least I'm still smoking less. I'm down to 3/4 of a pack a day & I went to those Marlboro 72 lights (the mini cigs)...even ultra lights for a while. It's a battle, for sure, but once everything in my life calms down (serious family issues, buying a house, new career opportunities, etc), I will go back to my ecig & give it another go.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Plus you can smoke these things indoors at your workstation, since it's just water vapor, and small amounts of it. No smoke to upset co-workers.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Plus you can smoke these things indoors at your workstation, since it's just water vapor, and small amounts of it. No smoke to upset co-workers.
Im sure I could see some fat cow complaing about it. Or someone coming up with some bs reason "Yeah well, you smoking those makes other people wanna go outside and smoke.. so... yeah.." :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts