Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought an ADA MP-1, and looking to do the Mod 3.666 to it when it arrives.

The problem is is that the guide is years old, so the Mouser parts numbers they have are out dated and a lot of the shit is unavailable. I'm not too knowledgeable about electronics and what I can sub in and not fry the amp. I can wield a soldering iron like a motherfucker, but with thousands upon thousands of parts, I'm fucking lost.

It would be a huge favour to me if someone could go through the parts list and find what I need, and find shit that's actually in stock and doesn't have a minimum order of 5000.

The manual for the mod is located here - adadepot.com

There's a lot of parts so this will probably take some time, or maybe not if you know your way around Mouser. Someone hook a brutha up. If you could post or PM me the part numbers that will work, it would be a huge help.

EDIT: Mouser.com or Digi-key.com part numbers will work. I would prefer Digi-key though since their shipping to Canada isn't retardedly high.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty much everything but the resistors. I know enough about resistors to just get something else. All the caps, the trim pots for the internal shit, etc.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Okay, I'll look over it. IIRC with capacitors you can use ones with a higher voltage rating as long as the uF rating is the same as the ones on the schematic. Trim pots are just resistors, so as long as you have the correct resistance you're fine. I've never bought trim pots but I'd guess they have an ohms rating?

Also, try out the MP-1 before you buy the parts to mod it. You may like it stock :)

It's too damned early to read this stuff :lol:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The trim pots just have to be roughly the same size since you need to mount them on top of resistors and solder the pins across them. You need to bend the pins to make it fit anyways, so it doesn't need to be exact, but as long as it's not too large to fit in there comfortable.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
There's a guy from England who wrote this up a few years back using Farnell numbers as we don't get Mouser over here. The upshot is that Farnell aren't that easy to get either so he just drew up a huge list so that - back when privately owned electronics stores existed - you could pop down the road to your store. :lol: I miss the nineties.

Anyway, forgive the geocities-esque layout:

ADA MP-1 Upgrade - Welcome To My Homepage!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Stitch is getting creative :lol:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Okay.... here is what I found on Digi-Key. Unfortunately there appears to be a minimum order for most if not all of these. I am also unsure of the trimpot sizes, so I picked the closest.

1uF 50v Electrolytic Capacitor P/N - 493-1886-ND
0.001uF 200v Polyester Capacitor (Unable to find on Digi-Key)
0.0022uF 200v Polyester Capacitor (Unable to find on Digi-Key)
0.022uF 200v Polyester Capacitor P/N - P1045-ND

500k Horizontal Single-Turn 4.5mm Trimpot P/N - 3314H-1-504-ND

0.033uF 100v Polyester Capacitor P/N - 493-3494-ND
10k 3/8" Square Cermet Trimpot P/N - TC89W-103-ND
2k 3/8" Square Cermet Trimpot P/N - TC89W-202-ND

Maybe we can find substitutions for the ones I couldn't find?

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fucking do it :lol: I just got it because it's cheap, and easy to mod (if you can get the damn parts :lol:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts