Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because the pickup forum looked like it needed a little influx of something that wasn't boring as fuck...

Amazon sometimes runs badass sales on things that aren't selling particularly well, and I snagged these over thanksgiving break for some really good prices. ~$35 a piece on the 81s (normally $100) and ~$30 a piece on the SAxs (normally $90ish). Not my first choice in color (obviously the black ones weren't as deeply discounted) but for the price I'm not complaining. The ivory doesn't look that great in a lot of guitars. The 81s are going as a set into my Trem'd AT (in which they look decent, kind of a Pensa vibe going on, I would still prefer black though), perhaps I will try the 18 volt mod and see how it compares to the X series, which I find I prefer. The SAxs are going into my 89 Eerie Dess (I actually think this looks great and brightens up the guitar a lot, might be better than black), although for now I might put them in my 650xl since the 89 is semi retired.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I like boobs.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Honestly, only the ivory illegally harvested from endangered species excites me any more. Sorry to disappoint.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I heard Ed Roman used real Ivory in his EMGs.
What Djent ass punk told you that? I'm gonna break his nose.

Ed is a personal friend. Thats a lie. Allow me to drop some knowledge on your ass.

-That was not ivory. That was koala teeth.
-Those koala teeth were HIGHER QUALITY than the ivory that most guitarists have ever experienced.
-I brought my koala teeth pickups to EVH's house, and he was using real koala teeth too, not the fake licensed shit.

Check your facts before you go spreading your ignorant opinions douchelords. :yesway:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts

Ed is a personal friend. Thats a lie. Allow me to drop some knowledge on your ass.

-Those koala teeth were HIGHER QUALITY than the ivory that most guitarists have ever experienced.
-I brought my koala teeth pickups to EVH's house, and he was using real koala teeth too, not the fake licensed shit.

Check your facts before you go spreading your ignorant opinions douchelords. :yesway:
I missed you, asshole. :wub:

·
is just really nice.
1,680 Posts

:wub: Your assholeness. It fits in quite nice.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts