Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
This is what they said to him when he wanted a refund:

"I'm sorry to inform you that after we received your previous e-mail we can't give you any refund or accept the coming back of the guitar. In the moment you said you were satisfied about the quality and the set up of the instrument, we were sure of the conditions of the guitar, because we set it. By now also a string change may cause little variation in the quality of the guitar.
Permit me to explain you this point tecnically, just because I want to give you the clearest explanation I can. When you bought the guitar the thing we did, a part from the customization, was this: we gave it to our external lab that made a calibration, which means that the luthier calibrated the bridge, changed the strings, polished the frets and the entire neck. This doesn't mean that this could be considered a definitive calibration. The change of temperature, the shipping, the use of the instrument, the different tension and type of strings are definitively factors that change this original calibration, because of the fact that the wood, for its natural characteristics, change its shape. This is the reason why every luthier you may meet on your way will tell you that is absolutely necessary after at least a month after you have a brand new guitar to make another calibration, because only at that time the wood can be considered stable. But this is something I can't do for you. It will be up to you to take care of your personal instrument.
By now I can ensure you there were not dead notes when the guitar left our warehouse, and the fact that you was initially satisfied about the instrument confirms me that it is happened what's normal for every brand new guitar. This is not a problem of respecting or scamming each other. I think you can perfectly understand the things you are saying are obviously not sufficient reasons to give you a refund. This is the reason why we put inside the guitar an official paper which guarantees the work of our external lab.

I'm sorry if this may cause you troubles, but as I said we can't do anything for you in this case."
There's so much fail in there, I don't even know where to begin.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Shit. One of my current customers ordered a custom from them, I hope she doesn't get too screwed over.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
And then some more fail:

I don't really understand why the Floyd Rose cavity bother you that much. Maybe it is not symmetric and that's true, but we are talking about a part that is completely hidden, so I don't see it as a problem, considering the fact that it is perfectly useful for its purpose.Dents, scratches, swirl marks are the normal consequences of the glossy painting. The only way to solve this problem is to paint it as the Paul Reed Smith brand does with 1/1.2 millimeters of paint on the top. The only problem is that this technique kills completely the resonance and if it takes a hit completely crack the paint.
As far as the completely different shape you are talking about: first of all is not completely different, but just a little bit, and this does not anyway compromise the access to any of the frets on the neck.
Finally it seems clear to me when you talk me about the problems you had touching the tremolo, or that the shipment creates some difference in the set up or that the strings are brand new and so you need to stretch them a little bit to maintain the tuning.
Anyway this does not depend on the guitar. This, as I said, is not something we can accept to refund you the money."

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Their contact info must be Chinese and have no idea how guitars actually work. That's bullshit.

Also, the dig at PRS had me laughing. If anyone knows how to apply an excellent "dipped in glass" finish without killing resonance, it's them.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Putting the trem together wrong and then routing it out to fit?! What a fucking nightmare. :noplease:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Weren't these guys supposed to be the "European Agile?" FWIW, part of what makes Rondo so great is customer service. Fuck these guys, I hope this venture fails like it deserves to.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Well, they are going out of business real soon. If this were in America, I'm sure they would be facing legal charges, not sure how Italy (France? cant remember) does business monitoring.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
The fact these companies have the machinery, materials and know how to 90% make a guitar right and handle orders correctly, then COMPLETELY botch the finish work and customer support is mind boggling.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
This is from their official site.

"
It is with a saddened feeling that we've to make an official statement on some facts that have seen us as victims rather than guilty:

Due to a person which is not anymore part of Emperion Guitars we simply got different instruments compared to the technical drawings and specs that we originally sent to our guitar factory and advertised in our pre-order camapaign.

We rather prefer to act in a deeply honest and sincere way since this is our policy not only on the commercial side but on the personal one as well.

As a result the following guitar models have the following specs that we even had to investigate ourselves, because the afore mentioned person did what we think could be defined a scam.

Scorpius model, both 6 and 7 strings:

Body: Basswood
Neck: Maple
Fingerboard: Ebony
Construction: Long tenon set neck
Nut (Fixed bridge version): Corian
Nut width (6 string): 43mm
Nut width (7 string): 48mm
Binding on neck

higher fret access shape is different than the one we've developed

Norax model, both 6 and 7 strings:

Nut (where applicable): Corian

same as advertised, higher fret access shape is different than the one we've developed

Sceptrum:

same as advertised

Nut: Corian

Who writes you is working 10 hours per day (week-ends included) without wage since more than two months, the whole staff is trying as hard as possible to carry out and maintain the name of Emperion and to accomplish the requests of our customers.

We're even spending our own funds to buy the hardcases which we had already paid in the first place, this includes also Original Floyd Rose Bridges that were guaranteed us, instead we found Licensed ones that we're swapping on the guitars in this very moment.

Needles to say that our reference person in Japan admitted his faults and granted us that such won't happen ever again. This doesn't change the fact that we simply got a different product from the one we developed and ordered.

Currently we're setting up daily and shipping all the pre-orders and we will be processing all refund requests as soon as we can.

The remaining guitars in stock will be sold at an adequate price in order to let us raise funds to refund those who requested it. Everybody that got guaranteed a refund will receive it in the best timely manner possible, as for the others we are not currently in the position to fulfill their request at this very moment.

A solution is already underway. It consists in a newly hired tech team which is already working on our guitar projects from scratch and the best thing we can do is to grant a generous discount on the next guitar production that will be as advertised before and flawless.

However, this is not affecting the operations of our custom instruments workshop which is operating normally.

We think that this is the best possible answer we can give to those who were unfairly doubting of our honesty.

Thanks to all of those who have already received our instruments and showed us appreciation and enthusiasm.

"

The "could be defined as scam" part cracks me up.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I saw one of their guitars for sale over here a while ago that looked interesting. Glad I didn't buy it after looking at this thread.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The fact these companies have the machinery, materials and know how to 90% make a guitar right and handle orders correctly, then COMPLETELY botch the finish work and customer support is mind boggling.
That's easy, they just ship their designs out to a generic factory in China, just like Rondo does for Korea. They don't actually build anything. Getting factories to do customized/short-run stuff is difficult though, especially if using specialized hardware. It's not like your average factory worker in a cheap guitar factory is going to know what to do with a Floyd Rose...

The quality of finish work is generally dependent on what the company is willing to pay and how many instruments make it through the QC process, and customer service is entirely on them.

Also, scapegoating someone doesn't solve anything.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
^:agreed:

Dear Emperion guitars - Who cares where the stuff was sourced - the asian company is not selling it to the customers you are - your fault. Customers have no need to know because bottom line they are getting a sub-par product from you.

I will say this - it wasn't clear to me that the fretboard wasn't ebony - I think many players think ebony is automatically jet black but there is a lot of ebony out there now that is lighter shades of brown with lighter streaks going through the wood - some people actually like the irregularities.

Don't know if I would have been upset about the trem cavity or not - on a $2000+ guitar I would have been on an $800 guitar maybe not.

I know it's cool to get a custom built guitar but you probably do get what you pay for - and with so many good mass produced guitars around that $800 price point I'm not sure why you would take the chance.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts