·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That said, the Youtube channel "Tested" that Adam and Jamie have been doing is fantastic. All the best parts of early Mythbusters (building things, shop tours, discussions, all the passion and interest that is really engaging) without the endless recaps, bad "acting," unnecessary explosions, and hamming it up for the camera.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

:dgaf:

That show has been weak for years, and as fun as Kari is to look at, those three were just painful to watch.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Wondernuts)

I enjoyed them and it'll be sad to see the show without them. However I can probably also see budgetary reasons behind it as the show would be getting more and more expensive to do with all the other things getting done.

I think it would have been interesting to see them spun off into a different show but such is life.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've read that the new MythBusters will be more like that. More details on how they do the builds, more real interactions, and less scripts.
That's good, then. Really, the show was at it's best when Adam and Jamie's enthusiasm for what they were doing really showed through. That's one of the reasons that their Duct Tape Challenge was so fun to watch, too.

In the last few years it's really seemed to turn into a "kiddie" show with tons of recaps to help with short attention spans and lots of fake acting and explosions with little to no "Warning: Science Content" asides.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Honestly, I didn't even know this show was still on.
That's because people have stopped watching Discovery since it's stopped being about actual science :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.