1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I'm sure it's a cool amp, but I hate it when companies name an amp with a genre. Stupid pet peeve on my part, I guess.

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't care if they called it the ENGL Douchelord. As long as it kicks ass, I'm onboard.

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
How does it differ to the Gigmaster besides wattage, fancy buttons and a price hike? :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
The Rockmaster is a classy looking little amp, for sure.

EDIT

The Rockmaster sounds fantastic too. Really digging the tones, quite organic.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I've had a few ENGLs over the years. I don't really dig their flimsy build quality. I miss my Blackmore, but I would only go for one of their rack units.

I would bet an e530 into a 112 would still sound better than this as a nice practice rig. I used to have the e530 pre and fucking loved it. It has a little built in .5 watt SS poweramp that is great for powering cabs at ultra low volumes. Killer practice rig.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
It's an ENGL dude, tight and sterile as fuck. I played it in B (6 string) and it was tight as fuck. The e530 is pretty much the same pre as the Savage/Blackmore.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
The V1 Powerball I borrowed from Mark felt solid, but fuck knows how old that is. The newer ones seem to be a bit cheap. The E530 being based on the Savage is good, as it's one of 2 Engl's I actually like :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
I had a fireball as my first amp head and it was solid, had zero issues with it.

well...other than getting buried in the mix :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
I've an Engl Invader that's held up to gigging and rehearsals for the past 7 years so....seems solid to me!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have no complaints or issues with my Retro, but yeah, it's not as solidly constructed as my Fryette-era VHT.
I don't know that I would call it flimsy but there is no doubt in my mind that the VHT is the more bombproof of the 2.
Either way, I haven't had any problems with the Engl.

·
Oh yeah!
1,913 Posts
The ENGL that has my attention is the "Artist" since it's a cheap version of a Aldrich modded Suhr amp.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts