Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ensemble Pearl: Ensemble Pearl | Advance | Pitchfork

There's an option at the top of the page that looks like a waving flag to switch tracks. Possible the most pretentious way of describing drone music as well, "Ensemble Pearl, led by Sunn O)))'s Stephen O'Malley, release their self-titled debut album on March 19 via Drag City. The quartet features Eyvind Kang, Timba Harris, and ex and current members of Boris, Ghost, White Heaven, and Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter. Describing Ensemble Pearl's style, their label states: "amplified rock drops and ripples, auras radiate and fade away into cloudforms, through which lightning bolts."

I'm listening to it now and since I dig drone-y, boring music this suits me fine but I'm sure the majority out there won't be thrilled by it

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So despite being led by Sunn O)))'s Stephen O'Malley, this shit gets really ambient like Stars of the Lid/Brian Eno type shit and all I can wonder is how the fuck this group came to be :lol: Seriously, they're not polar opposites but the ability to go from one to the other between tracks is just ridiculous

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
Can't say that I hate it. But definitely need to be in the right mood to listen to it. Liked what I heard though.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Much like what I use most of my music for, this worked out really well while doing gesture and figuring drawings for my Advanced Life class so I'm biased but I know there's a slim majority (7SoH) that also don't mind long droney stuff and ambient music

1 - 5 of 5 Posts