Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
That's a shitload of fiber. Pun intended.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

cereal

·
Party Röcker
1,372 Posts
You *almost* win completely... the larger glass in that series and some Monopolowa gin would have been perfect, but this is good enough.

Homemade bread and pizza are hard to beat when done right... mix roughly 7 cups of flour, three cups of water, a pinch of sugar, some herbs or other flavorings (if desired), and two tablespoons each of yeast and salt for a few minutes (until uniform), *completely* ignore everyone who has ever told you that kneading dough was necessary, and just leave the whole mixture covered in the refrigerator overnight.

For bread, after the night in the fridge grab about a fourth of it (or more if you go through *a lot* of bread), form a smooth outer skin by gently rolling and folding dough as if trying to make a Pac-Man ghost violate itself, and leave sitting out for about a half hour while the oven heats to about 400F/200C with a baking stone (and, if desired, some oven-proof vessel with a cup of water). After the oven is heating, either put the dough on the baking stone or brush with an egg wash (or oil and possibly herbs) and then put it on the baking stone. Cook for roughly 40 minutes and leave out to set and cool.

For pizza, do the same up until baking time. Flatten the dough (as much as possible - it will rise quite a bit) and top with sauce, cheese, and whatever else is available before putting into the oven; another decent snack is to replace sauce, cheese, and other toppings with olive oil and freshly ground herbs. (This is one of the rare cases when pre-mixed herbs can be worth having around - 'Italian' herb blends seem to be made for just this purpose.)

Jeff

·
Registered
219 Posts
The homemade pizza is awesome. :yesway: to Jeff for that. But I think Pizza Frittas deserve a mention here...seeing as most people have never had them. It's basically fried dough with whatever topping you want and it is goddamn amazing.

If you make the dough as above, just pull some out of the fridge, let it rise as it comes down to room temp for 20 or so mins. Heat some oil (canola or veg, but you can use whatever oil you want) and then cut the dough into fist sized circles. Fry them up on both sides until golden and then add your toppings. You can put sauce and cheese on there (I'd recommend truly fresh mozzarella or goat cheese) or you can make a breakfast pastry out of it just by throwing some powdered sugar on it.

It may not sound like much but if you have dough lying around, try this, it is amazing...you will not be disappointed. My grandmother used to make these for breakfast and would get swear at me in Italian if I interfered. Good times.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I was going to ask if that was your picture, but when I went to reply the wikipedia address was sort of a giveaway. :lol: Anyway, that's a great shot of a great drink.

It's ALMOST cool enough to start making homemade pizza again, and I cannot WAIT. I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it a "simple" food, but it's fucking awesome.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
No, if that were my photo, there would be a 2nd lime in the glass, the glass would be 3 times as big, and it would be very apparent that there was a bottle of hendricks with the lid OFF nearby

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
You *almost* win completely... the larger glass in that series and some Monopolowa gin would have been perfect, but this is good enough.
Fuck no. Gin an tonic is the drink of stuffy British guys who are trying to convince one another that they have yet to develop the taste to appreciate the drink, when really you are just mixing a vile, bitter swill of a liquor with water ruined by quinine and bubbles. Anyone caught drinking the stuff should be kicked in the dick and given a good glass of Scotch instead.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Fuck no. Gin an tonic is the drink of stuffy British guys who are trying to convince one another that they have yet to develop the taste to appreciate the drink, when really you are just mixing a vile, bitter swill of a liquor with water ruined by quinine and bubbles. Anyone caught drinking the stuff should be kicked in the dick and given a good glass of Scotch instead.
Gin and tonic is more English, than British, leaving us Scots to take credit for the best drink ever!

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Gin and tonic is more English, than British, leaving us Scots to take credit for the best drink ever!
So, you're saying you're British? :fawk:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts