Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
That's pretty awesome. But kinda sucky if they were thinking of releasing it without Vernon's involvement.

… even if it has the wrong headstock and a recessed Floyd.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That one looks like a newer one. His original Cult of Personality guitar had a Jackson head stock.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
That one looks like a newer one. His original Cult of Personality guitar had a Jackson head stock.
The one from the FB link does have the Jackson headstock? :scratch:

There's no way his LTD is gonna have that too, Fender/Jackson wouldn't give up the rights to use it for a sig model.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The one from the FB link does have the Jackson headstock? :scratch:

There's no way his LTD is gonna have that too, Fender/Jackson wouldn't give up the rights to use it for a sig model.
No, I was talking about what Jacksonplayer said. There's two that I know of that Vernon had. The one with a bolt-on neck and a matching Jackson headstock, and one with the black ESP headstock and a neck-thru neck.

Also, this looks like the 2nd LTD prototype. The first one at NAMM had a black headstock, while this one has a matching one.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Hmm, I've never been much into Living Color, and I've only seen his CoP one with the Jackson headstock - so I figured if he had multiples, they'd all be like that.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Timing has a lot to do with it. The first one with the Jackson headstock was made before Jackson's lawyers got busy (which happened around 1989-90). Vernon had that original one well before Living Colour became famous. I believe he had it made at 48th Street Guitars, which was ESP's sole USA presence until the late '80s.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Timing has a lot to do with it. The first one with the Jackson headstock was made before Jackson's lawyers got busy (which happened around 1989-90). Vernon had that original one well before Living Colour became famous. I believe he had it made at 48th Street Guitars, which was ESP's sole USA presence until the late '80s.
They used to have a bunch of those Vernon guitars on 48th, and they were identical. I thought due to the look they'd be unique, like swirls, but they weren't.

I love the look and vibe of that LTD (if it is lime green and non dark green) but having had the chance to BS with Vernon a couple of times at shows I wouldn't buy one if he hadn't blessed it. Vernon is an old school cool cat and an amazing musician and artist (check out his Masque stuff!) and deserves not to be screwed over. I don't really care if he originally bought an off the shelf model and made it famous, that finish is famous due to him and in my mind it's his.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

Love Living Color and Vernon, but no one will ever convince me that man has any idea what he's playing during his solos. :lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts