Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering what your take is or experience with the ESP Standard series (made in Japan) guitars??

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
My take is that they are guitars. :agreed:

I played the Willie Adler ESP right next to the LTD, and the ESP certainly smoked it in terms of overall quality and playability, but they were fairly similar.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I agree with Soops, they are absolutely guitars. :agreed:

They also completely smoke LTDs, there is simply no comparison. It is like comparing a Gibson to an Epiphone.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Yep, ESP Standards are excellent. While the lower line of LTDs don't even compare, the upper end of LTD (i.e. the 600 & 1000 series) are very similiar to their ESP Standard counterparts.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Yep, ESP Standards are excellent. While the lower line of LTDs don't even compare, the upper end of LTD (i.e. the 600 & 1000 series) are very similiar to their ESP Standard counterparts.
:agreed: My buddy has a LTD EC 600 somethin or other, and I think I would take that guitar over my Gibson Les Paul Studio, which cost considerably more...

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
The Standard Series is actually sort of ESP's "middle range" line, equivalent to their Edwards series in Japan. Both are production line guitars made in the Fujigen factory. The custom shop ESPs are handmade in a different facility. I've seen some variable quality in the Standard Series guitars I've tried in stores, especially in terms of raw acoustic sound quality. They trend towards the middle, however; few truly bad ones, but few that made me desperately want to pull out my charge card, either, for those prices.

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
I have a M-II and I love it. Top notch quality. LTDs are good for it's price, but I'm glad I put in the extra money and got an ESP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts