32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

:lol:

Reactions: Leon

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
Such a great flick. :lol:

I got the blu ray box set recently, and I didn't know how much of a difference it would make, since these are pretty old films at this point. Man, the first two films look fantastic.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Such a great flick. :lol:

I got the blu ray box set recently, and I didn't know how much of a difference it would make, since these are pretty old films at this point. Man, the first two films look fantastic.
:agreed:

I've owned the films on DVD for a long time now, but last year I bought the Alien blu-ray box set too and it's a HUGE jump in quality. I also love how every single film has the theatrical version and the director's cut. I think that the director's cut of Aliens is WAY better than the theatrical version. It's kind of like how I think the director's cut of Terminator 2 is way better than the theatrical version too. For Alien, though, the differences aren't that extreme. The "cut" (Ridley Scott points out that the theatrical version WAS the director's cut) just restores some deleted scenes and uses some different angles and shots and cuts things differently. They're both good, but I think I like the theatrical version better. For Alien III, I think the director's cut is way better than the theatrical one. For Alien: Resurrection, I think the theatrical cut is better.

Anyway, it's an awesome box set and it was worth the price (which was actually pretty cheap when I got it) just for Alien and Aliens alone.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
False, Naren. There are only two Alien movies.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
God I fucking hated Prometheus. Alien vs Predator was entertaining at least.
Then we have the exact opposite opinion. :lol: I love Prometheus and find Alien Vs. Predator to be mildly entertaining.

My personal run-down of the films in order of quality is:
1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Prometheus
4. Alien: Resurrection
5. Alien III
6. Alien Vs. Predator (but a HUGE drop in quality)
7. Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem (and then a MUCH huger drop in quality from AVP1)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/)

Naren said:
God I fucking hated Prometheus. Alien vs Predator was entertaining at least.
Then we have the exact opposite opinion. :lol: I love Prometheus and find Alien Vs. Predator to be mildly entertaining.

My personal run-down of the films in order of quality is:
1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Prometheus
4. Alien: Resurrection
5. Alien III
6. Alien Vs. Predator (but a HUGE drop in quality)
7. Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem (and then a MUCH huger drop in quality from AVP1)
I agree with this list. But Dave is also correct - there are only two Alien movies and a bunch of spin offs, a couple of which aren't terrible.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/)

I agree with this list. But Dave is also correct - there are only two Alien movies and a bunch of spin offs, a couple of which aren't terrible.
I can definitely understand the reasoning for not including anything other than Alien and Aliens. The entire AVP series is considered non-canon and just kinda rejected. Alien: Resurrection kinda came out of the middle of nowhere and was so off-the-wall that many fans also kinda don't consider it canon. Alien III is considered canon, but it's quite disliked for being so incredibly depressing and having the least to do with the xenomorph of any of the Alien films. Prometheus takes place in the same universe, but it's not about the xenomorphs at all, so it technically isn't really an "Alien" movie.

However you look at it, I think everyone would agree that Alien and Aliens are far, far, far better than any of the other films released with "Alien" in the title.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts