Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Crowned Unholy is a re recording of Crowned in Terror with the original vocalist and not Lindberg. Most people, myself included, prefer the original (Crowned in Terror).

Deathrace King is my favorite. Although it's close, and goes back and forth, and there are probably a couple other threads here with Peter and I pontificating upon which is better between the two. Hell is Here is also heavily under rated.

Absolutely the best modern band though. The new one didn't stand up to their two magnum opuses, but it had some pretty good songs.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be sure to hunt down Crowned in Terror. The local Silver Platter had most of their discography except for Deathrace King, or else I'd have grabbed that since I remember it being mentioned so often \m/

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Wirelessly posted

The Crown is one of the mightiest bands in the history of metal, Janne Sarenpaa is one of the greatest drummers to ever pick up sticks, and Death Metal Holocaust is probably the most aggressive song ever recorded. This band is untouchable.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
I'm not much into death metal at all really, but what's the hype about this band? I see lots of threads about The Crown and everytime I have to youtube something and everytime I'm like "yeah that's cool" but I'm not blown away like I expect from reading what people say about them. I guess it's just not my thing...

Those few times I listen to death metal it's really primitive stuff like Death Strike (pre-Master) and Nihilist, and maybe Morbid (w/ Dead) counts too. The Crown feels too polished for me. That might be the issue.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Wirelessly posted

The Crown is one of the mightiest bands in the history of metal, Janne Sarenpaa is one of the greatest drummers to ever pick up sticks, and Death Metal Holocaust is probably the most aggressive song ever recorded. This band is untouchable.
This is all true. Also a reason why the last record just can't keep up is because it misses Janne.

Most modern death metal sucks ass, because it doesnt sound like The Crown at their peak.

Blasting Deathrace King now. Their best (yes, Garrett, their BEST) record.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
R
I'll be sure to hunt down Crowned in Terror. The local Silver Platter had most of their discography except for Deathrace King, or else I'd have grabbed that since I remember it being mentioned so often \m/
Crowned in terror is a beast of an album you won't be disappointed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts