Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Surprisingly, the Palmer really doesn't sound all that different. I'm pretty sure Palmer was shooting for a Celestion V30-ish speaker with the "normal" setting.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clips or GTFO.
Working on it. Something's funky with my damn Line 6 UX2. I'm really starting to hate this thing for anything other than POD Farm shit. The minute you want to record "real" stuff, it's fucking wonky.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alrighty then, clip 1:

Clip 2:

Clips are very short; I'm supposed to be working on school project work today, not playing guitar. :D I don't want to catch flack from the missus.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I like #2 actually. No idea which is which. I'm going to guess it's Palmer since it's a little tighter and doesn't have to worry as much about mic positioning, room reflections, and the like.

Regardless, very close either way. AFX who? :D

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Man, those are damn close! I think I liked clip 1 a bit better, but in a mix, nobody would ever tell the difference.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like #2 actually. No idea which is which. I'm going to guess it's Palmer since it's a little tighter and doesn't have to worry as much about mic positioning, room reflections, and the like.

Regardless, very close either way. AFX who? :D
This amp isn't staying though. Undecided as to what replaces it. I was leaning AFXII, but I have the attention span of a gnat.

That was the fastest clip posting ever. Bravo, sir! :yesway:
:D

Man, those are damn close! I think I liked clip 1 a bit better, but in a mix, nobody would ever tell the difference.
Since I know everyone hates the whole "Pepsi/Coke Blind Taste Test Challenge", clip 1 is the Palmer, Clip 2 is the SM57. Both were recorded into GarageBand with no additional shit done to it.

EDIT

You know what I will say, is that having not recorded with it for awhile, and especially not the SM57, it's distracting as hell to be playing through the amp, as well as the headphones. I'm almost conditioned to be recording guitar direct, with only the sound through the headphones. It's really disorientating to hear the speaker too. :lol:

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
A very rushed backing track for this video is the only thing online so far, just slapped it down in an evening, not much thought behind it. It's a Triple XXX straight in:

In fact it even makes it's own little cameo in the right corner of the rack gear under my monitor.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'd be really interested in a Palmer as I definitely can't mic up at uni. But I'd need one that is a load as well so that I could record silently.
Ive always been impressed with the sounds people get out of them and have always wandered why they aren't more popular :scratch:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts