Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IGN: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

So I nabbed this on XBL arcade. It's your basic, generic FPS, full of blood, monsters and guns. Nothing groundbreaking, the spooky parts aren't quite as spooky as the first one but they're still cool.

You still have the gun flashlight that dies every time you go anywhere dark, and unfortunately, the worst weapon in the game is the shotgun (heresy :noplease:). That aside, it's still pretty fun. The whole first like, 4 hours of the game so far is akin to playing Counterstrike, you just walk through a generic CS_Office looking map and shoot shit.

However, there are little nuggets of win here and there, like this one on a terminal, an instant message convo between a mysterious guy helping you and the main antagonist. :lol:

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Have you played the original? I loved that game so much. The scary moments were better in the first (and the first expansion, Extraction Point). Holy fuck was that game creepy...

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you played the original? I loved that game so much. The scary moments were better in the first (and the first expansion, Extraction Point). Holy fuck was that game creepy...
Yup, loved the first one. This one is still pretty fun, but nowhere near as creepy, and the spooky moments are telegraphed pretty far in advance so you always know they're coming (and so far, there haven't been many).

Still, the plot is cool, there's ammo everywhere, and it has the most fun/useful/well-mechaniced grenades I've seen in a long while, which is always a good time. I picked it up at Gamestop for $12 used. :yesway:

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
The first one was ok. I've played the second one like half an hour, then I just let it collect dust. Pretty generic and boring IMO.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The funny thing about FEAR 2's creepiness, is that the developers talked about using the imagination take care of some of the sequences from the first game and did not use the same idea.

Also, I really hated the clips and buzzing noises during the paranormal encounters. They should have taken a more subtle approach. It was really more distracting that anything I thought.

All in all it's still fun and that's what counts and hell, for 12 bucks it's not big thing!

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
:agreed:

Listed in spoiler tags just in case some still haven't played Extraction Point (FEAR Files on the console).

Holiday's death was easily one of the most fucked-up things I've ever seen in a videogame.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Is this better than the first one, or am i still gonna wanna stab myself in the dick with frozen bleach?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is this better than the first one, or am i still gonna wanna stab myself in the dick with frozen bleach?
No, it's not. Still fun though. 100% generic FPS. Run, shoot, kill things, repeat. 'Tis fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts