Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
This is actually why I'd rather see a lower corporate tax rate and a higher personal tax rate. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

This is why I'd like to see this be illegal.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
This is actually why I'd rather see a lower corporate tax rate and a higher personal tax rate. :lol:
Bingo. We have one of the higher corporate rates in the world (although this is somewhat negated by all of the write-offs/loopholes/subsidies/etc), which is why I get so frustrated that the gut-reaction for so many is "Tax the corporations, rargh!"

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Bingo. We have one of the higher corporate rates in the world (although this is somewhat negated by all of the write-offs/loopholes/subsidies/etc), which is why I get so frustrated that the gut-reaction for so many is "Tax the corporations, rargh!"
Yeah. Lowering the corporate tax rate would decrease the incentive to file offshore (which is way easier to do as a company than an individual), and would be a great bargaining chip for the right to get them to buy onto a higher individual tax rate.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Once you have shareholders, there's always going to be pressure to prioritize profit over being moral or socially responsible. Doesn't matter what company it is.
No doubt.

Just sayin'.

I honestly don't have free time in my life to educate myself on all the political comings and goings like I would like to.

I thought that google was supposed to be this young, hip progressive company that was doing and saying all the latest buzz worthy type things.

Now they do something that is not illegal (I guess) but certainly seems like something that people dislike about large corporations.

There should be a way to balance making share holders happy and doing things in a fair and honorable way.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
You realize this is a thread about Facebook, not Google, right? :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

The corporate rate DOES need to be lowered, but in conjunction with closing loopholes. The problem is it stifles small business, while large multinationals often pay little to nothing.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Probably a stupid question here, but... If the US lowers the corporate tax rate, and it's still cheaper for companies to do what Facebook is doing here, why wouldn't they just keep doing it?

If I could completely avoid paying income tax by filing my taxes in Cambodia, I wouldn't give a fuck what the tax rate was. I'd be a proud Cambodian on every tax return. :lol:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts