Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rack sits happily on top of the Roadster, but there's only about a 3/4" gap between the venting on the top of the head and the bottom of the rack case. And that's probably not good.

What are my fan options, other than macgyvering something up on my own? When I'm playing with my drummer, the rack will obviously not be blocking the venting, but it still concerns me for extended jams at home.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
put the head on top of the rack.

always found it alot more stable that way too.
Either this or put the rack on the floor next to the cab.

For fans, you're probably looking at rigging something up with computer fans like some guys do with their racks.

Also, why do you need fans? Does your amp head seriously get that hot you need it?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the rack on top of the head because it puts the effects units at easy fiddin' height. And I fiddle. A lot. :jj:

It's hard to say if it gets too hot - this is my first tube amp. :lol: I figure it can't hurt.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Yeah, they just SAY to keep the top vent clear, but everyone stacks their amps anyway. Even the companies that make the amps ignore their own warning labels (just watch some NAMM videos).

·
Registered
39 Posts
if you really wanted fans i would personally use the types they sell for PC cases. 120mm ones have good air throughput, are practically silent, already have mounting holes and easy to wire up.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I may do that, and just top-mount them inside the amp facing outward if there's room. :yesway:

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
Why don't you get some rubber feet for the rack? Then you'll have about as much clearance as someone who would put another head on top of it, and you know they're designed to vent in that situation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts