·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Venator

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I wonder if Ray is gonna mail it in like he did on the last Redemption album.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Haven't been too impressed with their last attempts but having Frank Aresti back is a step in the right direction. Now if Jim Matheos would just get a guitar tone that doesn't make me want to vomit...

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
The Arch/Matheos album impressed me more than anything FW has done since Parallels. Hopefully a little of that carries over to the next FW album.

I didn't think Ray mailed in his performance on the last Redemption album, but his voice has degraded so much that he can't really carry a sound like that anymore. It sounded to me like he was purposely kept lower in the mix than on previous Redemption albums. I believe he's a smoker, which is just nuts if you're a metal singer.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I loved his OSI/Gordian Knot tones, but I couldn't really get into the Arch/Matheos album. I'm more of a FWX-era fan. :shrug:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Drew said:
I loved his OSI/Gordian Knot tones, but I couldn't really get into the Arch/Matheos album. I'm more of a FWX-era fan. :shrug:
Heretic

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
I liked the tone on the second OSI but it seemed that after A Pleasant Shade of Gray(FW), his tone got really direct sounding. LOVED that album.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts