Metalguitarist.org banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
13,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dgaf:

... Sorry, had to post this Tele with a Floyd. :ugh:

Rejoice!! There's also a Squier Charvel!

Big year for Fender!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I guess I don't see the point. How does that even sound? "Here's my brigde pickup...and here's my other bridge pickup!" Is it supposed to be humbucker-esque, or some unique sound combo of two (mostly) bridge single coils?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I guess I don't see the point. How does that even sound? "Here's my brigde pickup...and here's my other bridge pickup!" Is it supposed to be humbucker-esque, or some unique sound combo of two (mostly) bridge single coils?
I think you can wire them so that they're essentially humbuckers - although I don't know what the benefit would be compared to just putting a humbucker there where the coils are designed to work well together. I guess you might get better single-coil sounds than from a split humbucker? Can't think of another reason.

Fender now also makes EVH guitars which do basically the same thing as these Squiers and Charvels, the 5150 models:

Seems to me like there's a risk of bran cannibalization here, when they're making essentially the same guitar (just with slightly different headstocks) across several brands.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
You know what? I actually really dig that :lol: I'm a sucker for a specific category of guitars which I have given the snappy label of "guitars that aren't usually associated with a Floyd rose, with a Floyd Rose".

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I've never liked normal teles, but "superteles" are somehow really cool - like the original 1980's ESP Eclipses, Jackson Telly's etc. Ibanez's TurboT is fugly though.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I think you can wire them so that they're essentially humbuckers - although I don't know what the benefit would be compared to just putting a humbucker there where the coils are designed to work well together. I guess you might get better single-coil sounds than from a split humbucker? Can't think of another reason.

Fender now also makes EVH guitars which do basically the same thing as these Squiers and Charvels, the 5150 models:

Seems to me like there's a risk of bran cannibalization here, when they're making essentially the same guitar (just with slightly different headstocks) across several brands.
These would look so much cooler with Reverse Headstocks.

I would also remove the useless Tone Knob and put the Kill Switch there. Would had left the Pickup Selector on the Kill Switch position like it was before.

·
Banned
13,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You know what? I actually really dig that :lol: I'm a sucker for a specific category of guitars which I have given the snappy label of "guitars that aren't usually associated with a Floyd rose, with a Floyd Rose".
Don't get me wrong, I really like super Teles too! Thing is, is really shows (to me) how Fender doesn't know how to bring anything new to the table anymore, beside new Strat colors and re-issues number 873. Maybe they should just put out new guitars every 2 years instead of each year? They would have more time to think about what they're doing. I mean, putting a Floyd on a classic-looking Tele and the slanted 2 single-coil bridge humbucker are the highlights for 2021... * sigh *

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Don't forget the $1000 Tele MIM with one fucking P90.
Yeah i liked the looks of that but it needs binding and a second pickup and and price reduction.

WTF is up with the Squires with the Charvel Fusion Pickup layout? Didn't EVERYONE hate those ?

Its ok tho at least they have a Dhani Harrison Ukulele release :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts