Metalguitarist.org banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21,674 Posts
The 5150 guitars are some of the dumbest looking superstrats I've ever seen. It's like you showed a picture of a superstrat to a 4 year old, and asked them to draw it.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
The 5150 guitars are some of the dumbest looking superstrats I've ever seen. It's like you showed a picture of a superstrat to a 4 year old, and asked them to draw it.
YES! :lol: Man, I hate the EVH fanboi fascination with banana headstocks in general. I see so many potentially perfect custom shop hot-rod shreddy strats completely ruined by this dumb, out of place hockey stick for a headstock. They don't even look good on Kramers. Ugh. Either strat or pointy, nothing in between!

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I really like super Teles too! Thing is, is really shows (to me) how Fender doesn't know how to bring anything new to the table anymore, beside new Strat colors and re-issues number 873. Maybe they should just put out new guitars every 2 years instead of each year? They would have more time to think about what they're doing. I mean, putting a Floyd on a classic-looking Tele and the slanted 2 single-coil bridge humbucker are the highlights for 2021... * sigh *
But then the Floyded tele is almost $3000 so most people wont buy it anyway :flex:

·
Super Moderator
8,921 Posts
They look like a Kramer. To the point that I'm surprised that Gibson's highly authentic lawyers aren't busy drafting C&Ds over it.

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
Not a new one. They keep creeping up and up. Now, a grand will get you an MIM Tele.
I'm sure it's part of inflation, but I'm starting to understand how old people feel about gas prices. In Canada MIM Players are $979 now. IIRC the MIM Standards were $779. Still a good guitar for the price (I'm really happy with MIM guitars and would take them over MIC/MII) but it's hard to swallow when you were just looking at a price 20% lower.

I'm excited to see the new '68 Custom amps. The Pro Reverb looks like a cool alternative to a Hot Rod Deluxe, but I'm most excited about the Vibro Champ, and will likely try to buy one some time this year. A 5w 10" combo could still handle most band situations, and should actually be useful as an office amp, too. The only thing missing IMHO is spring reverb, but I don't think a spring tank that small would sound all that good anyway, so I can live with the digital reverb.

Also, regardless of the price, that P90 Tele Jr is fantastic.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts