Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
YouTube Video - doesn't sound bad, I don't think it's anywhere close to a 'Ray but it sounds OK.

Trying to get a legitimate feel for a guitar or bass tone through YouTube videos is like trying to fish by swimming underwater with your mouth open.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

My bassist just picked up a used ATK 4-string for $150 (it was left behind at a local bar and sitting there forever with no one claiming it :nuts: ) and it's a fun bass. These look alright as well. I think I still prefer the EBMMs out of the three.

Slightly off topic, any idea if EBMM style pickups are a drop in replacement on the ATKs? The footprint looks very similar.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)
Yeah, they're fuck ugly, but look ok when being played, and feel and sound really good.
ATK's are GREAT basses - the closest thing to a 'Ray killer and if you can find them they don't break the bank. Full 19mm string spacing to boot.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:)

The ATK305 I had was seriously awesome. Heavy, but incredibly playable and versatile.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They look fine to me in 5-string guise :shrug:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
That Fender is really wonky looking compared to either a StingRay or an ATK. Not their best effort.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts