Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I call this sale the "Dream Crusher", since I guess I really don't want Drew's Strat anymore. :(

I have to, unfortunately, part ways with my Strat. It's a fucking awesome guitar and sounds fantastic, but my picking hand just does not agree with the pickup placement on Strats, apparently. I LOVE the neck/middle tone combo, but I have to bury the middle pickup so that my 80's speed metal hand doesn't whack the thing all the time, and it just doesn't work for me.

Specs:

2010 MIM Strat, Black/Maple
Lace Sensor Golds on a 3-ply pickguard
Black Sperzel locking tuners
Shielded Trem Cavity
Black knobs/switch

I JUST picked it up yesterday from my local guy (a crusty old luthier who does insanely good setups on things like this) who did a full setup on it, neck adjustment and intonation. It has brand new Elixirs on it, 11-52.

I'm also kicking in a Road Runner big ol' padded backpack gig/back thing, and all of the case candy along with the OEM pickguard, still wired with pickups, knobs and switch still in it - everything but the output jack connections.

I paid $500 for it, barely played it, and dropped almost $400 in pickups, tuners, parts, shielding, and setup into it.

There's a small chip in the stock nut that doesn't effect playability at all, but anyone buying this would (I hope) upgrade the nut anyway - it was the last thing I planned to do to it.

$600 + shipping, paypal is king. No trades, and no, Josh, I won't swap you for your RG. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Aww :( :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd love to keep it in the family. :( I was going for the Iron Maiden strat look with it. It's awesome looking, and I enjoy it hanging on my wall, but it would look way better if someone actually wore it in properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts