Metal Guitarist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I know that feeling dude, especially with P/Js. A lot of bassists I love use Ps and P/Js, but I can't get a good tone out of them to save my life.

Someone better pick this up, though. The Roger Waters basses are some of the coolest looking P's around.

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bet it would sound good with EMG GZR P pickups in it but I'm not spending any more money on it ha.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I know that feeling dude, especially with P/Js. A lot of bassists I love use Ps and P/Js, but I can't get a good tone out of them to save my life.

Someone better pick this up, though. The Roger Waters basses are some of the coolest looking P's around.
What? P and P/J are the easiest basses to get a good tone from :lol:

Plug in, set P volume to max, set tone to taste, blend in J as needed for bite if available/necessary. If you want more top end clank or grit switch to stainless or coated strings and run through a good overdrive like the Blower Box or VT Bass.

P especially. No messing with onboard EQ or pickup balancing, just plug, turn tone knob, and go.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Well I apparently can't get a P bass tone that I like, because I get the sound I want with J basses over Ps or P/Js. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I apparently can't get a P bass tone that I like, because I get the sound I want with J basses over Ps or P/Js. :lol:
I think I'm a spoiled bitch with all the active preamps I"ve been playing on lately, Hazlab, Tone Pump, and Darkglass Tone Capsule.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
If you can't get a good tone out of a P or a Jazz you are doing it wrong. :shrug:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.